This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamic Testing and Computer Analysis of Automotive Frames
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1972 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A method for quick and accurate static and dynamic analysis of automotive frame designs through use of a structural analysis computer program supplemented by empirical test data is discussed in this paper. A special beam finite element used in the computer program permits more comprehensive and detailed structural description. Specific sub-programs and testing techniques are described briefly. Also presented is a correlation between computer-predicted and actual experimental results for static deflection, and natural frequencies and mode shapes of a representative automotive frame.
CitationHay, J. and Blew, J., "Dynamic Testing and Computer Analysis of Automotive Frames," SAE Technical Paper 720046, 1972, https://doi.org/10.4271/720046.
- BEST II Mechanical Design Analysis Library Structural Dynamics Research Corporation Cincinnati, Ohio 1968
- Wilkerson J. H. The Albebraic Eigenvalue Problem Oxford, England Clarendon Press 1965
- Hurty W. C. Rubinstein M. F. Dynamics of Structures Englewood Cliffs, N. J. Prentice-Hall 1964
- Timoshenko S.P. Young D. H. Vibrational Problems in Engineering Van Nostrand Princeton, N. J. Third 1955
- SPOTS Mechanical Design Analysis Library Structural Dynamics Research Corporation Cincinnati, Ohio October 1970
- SASA Mechanical Design Analysis Library Structural Dynamics Research Corporation Cincinnati, Ohio October 1971
- Mason W. E. Herrman L. R. Elastic Analysis of Irregular Shaped Prismatic Beams by the Method of Finite Elements Department of Civil Engineering, University of California, Davis July 1967
- Timoshenko S. P. Strength of Materials; Part II Advanced Theory and Problems Third Van Nostrand Company, Inc. Princeton, N. J. 1956
- Oden J. T. Mechanics of Elastic Structures New York McGraw-Hill 1967
- Hotchkiss J. G. Torsion of Rolled Steel Sections in Building Structures Engineering Journal of AISC 3 1 January 1966