This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Bond Graph Methods in Structural Dynamics
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A series of examples, involving normal mode representations of a flexible railcar and various suspension models, is presented illustrating the use of bond graph techniques for assembling a structural dynamic system model from component models. Bond graph techniques are related to other methods for achieving the same goal, and the unique features of bond graph techniques are pointed out. Not only does the bond graph provide a graphical representation of the organized system equations, but also it allows the use of ENPORT programs for automating the process of manipulating the component relations into an explicit-state space format suitable for simulation or analysis. Nonlinear and active systems which interact with structural dynamic components are readily handled using bond graph techniques.
CitationKarnopp, D., "Bond Graph Methods in Structural Dynamics," SAE Technical Paper 710781, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710781.
- Hurty W. C. “Dynamic Analysis of Structural Systems by Component Mode Synthesis.” Proc. Amer. Soc. Civ. Engrs. 85 EM4 51 69
- Craig R. R. Jr. Bamton C. C. “Coupling of Substructures for Dynamic Analysis.” J. AIAA 6 7 1313 1319
- Kron G. “Tensor Analysis of Networks.” New York John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1939
- Karnopp D. Rosenberg R. C. “Analysis and Simulation of Multiport Systems: The Bond Graph Approach to Physical System Dynamics.” Cambridge, Mass. The M.I.T. Press 1968
- Karnopp D. “Coupled Vibratory-System Analysis Using the Dual Formulation.” J. Acous. Soc. Am. 40 2 Aug. 1966 380 384
- Karnopp D. “Power-conserving Transformations: Physical Interpretations and Applications using Bond Graphs.” J. Franklin Institute 288 3 Sept. 1969 175 201
- Karnopp D. “On Bond Graph Theory and ‘The Penetrating but Olympian Tensorial Methods of Kron’.” The Matrix and Tensor Quarterly 20 4 June 1970 120 124
- Rosenberg R. C. “State-Space Formulation for Bond Graph Models of Multiport Systems.” Trans. ASME J. of Dyn. Sys., Meas., and Cont. 93 1 March 1971 35 40