This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Unified System for Compactor Performance Specification
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A comparison of expected performance of the vast number of different compactors available today cannot be made using data normally given on equipment specification sheets. A unified system is presented for combining the essential information into expressions for compactive effort, productivity, and power requirements. This approach is practical and may be used now by designers or users of the compactors, but further development of the system is also encouraged.
|Technical Paper||Fundamental Properties of Compacted Soil|
|Technical Paper||Comparison of Vibratory Soil Compaction with other Field Methods|
|Technical Paper||The Soil Compaction Process and Methods of Measurement|
CitationSelig, E., "Unified System for Compactor Performance Specification," SAE Technical Paper 710727, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710727.
- Williams F. H. P. Mclean D. J. “The Compaction of Soil-A Study of the Performance of Plant.” London Road Research Technical Paper No. 17 1950
- Proctor R. R. “The Relationship Between Foot Pounds per Cubic Foot of Compactive Effort Expended in the Laboratory Compaction of Soils and the Required Compactive Efforts to Secure Similar Results with Sheepsfoot Rollers.” Proceedings, 2nd Intl. Conf. on Soil Mech. and Foundation Engrg. 5 1948 231 234
- Freitag D. R. “A Dimensional Analysis of the Performance of Pneumatic Tires on Soft Soils.” Technical Report 3-688 Waterways Experiment Station 1965
- Johnson A. W. Sallberg J. R. “Factors that Influence Field Compaction of Soils.” Compaction Characteristics of Field Equipment, Highway Research Board Bulletin 272 1960
- Lewis W. A. Parsons A. W. “The Performance of Compaction Plant in the Compaction of Two Types of Granular Base Material.” London Road Research Technical Paper No. 53 1961
- Lewis W. A. “Further Studies in the Compaction of Soil and the Performance of Compaction Plant.” London Road Research Laboratory Technical Paper No. 33 1954
- Lewis W. A. “Investigation of the Performance of Pneumatic-tyred Rollers in the Compaction of Soil.” London Road Research Technical Paper No. 45 1959
- Selig E. T. Hampton D. “Field Study of Soil Compaction.” Highway Research Record No. 177 1967 44 57
- Selig E. T. Truesdale W. B. “Properties of Field Compacted Soils.” Highway Research Record No. 177 1967 77 97
- Truesdale W. B. Selig E. T. “Evaluation of Rapid Field Methods for Measuring Compacted Soil Properties.” Highway Research Record No. 177 1967 58 76