This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Testing of Rollover Protective Structures in Accordance with SAE J395
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Plastic analysis type of analytical calculations are included in this paper as a guide for designers to size Rollover Protective Structures to meet SAE J-395. Basic design considerations are given including material selection, brittle failures, local buckling, and allowable deflections.
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Rollover Protective Structures (ROPS) for Wheeled Agricultural Tractors|
|Technical Paper||Development of ROPS Criteria for Construction and Industrial Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||SAE’s Role in ROPS Criteria and Continued Development|
CitationMacarus, W., "Design and Testing of Rollover Protective Structures in Accordance with SAE J395," SAE Technical Paper 710509, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710509.
- Marin Joseph, “Mechanical Behavior of Engineering Materials.” Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 1962.
- Kleinlogel A., “Rigid Frame Formulas.” New York: Frederick Ungar Publishing Co., 1958.
- Klose G. L., “Engineering Basics of Roll Over Protective Structures.” SAE Transactions, Vol. 78 (1969), paper 690569.
- SAE Recommended Practice, Minimum Performance Criteria for Roll-Over Protective Structure for Crawler Tractors and Crawler-Type Loaders-SAE J395, SAE Handbook.
- Beedle Lynn S., “Plastic Design of Steel Frames.” New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 1958.
- Seely Fred B. and Smith James O., “Advanced Mechanics of Materials.” New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 1952.
- SAE Recommended Practice, Critical Zone-Characteristics and Dimensions For Operators of Construction and Industrial Machinery-SAE J397, SAE Handbook.