This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Testing of Rollover Protective Structures in Accordance with SAE J395
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Plastic analysis type of analytical calculations are included in this paper as a guide for designers to size Rollover Protective Structures to meet SAE J-395. Basic design considerations are given including material selection, brittle failures, local buckling, and allowable deflections.
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Rollover Protective Structures (ROPS) for Wheeled Agricultural Tractors|
|Technical Paper||Development of ROPS Criteria for Construction and Industrial Vehicles|
CitationMacarus, W., "Design and Testing of Rollover Protective Structures in Accordance with SAE J395," SAE Technical Paper 710509, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710509.
- Marin Joseph “Mechanical Behavior of Engineering Materials.” Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey Prentice-Hall 1962
- Kleinlogel A. “Rigid Frame Formulas.” New York Frederick Ungar Publishing Co. 1958
- Klose G. L. “Engineering Basics of Roll Over Protective Structures.” SAE Transactions 78 1969 690569
- SAE Recommended Practice, Minimum Performance Criteria for Roll-Over Protective Structure for Crawler Tractors and Crawler-Type Loaders-SAE J395 SAE Handbook
- Beedle Lynn S. “Plastic Design of Steel Frames.” New York John Wiley and Sons, Inc. 1958
- Seely Fred B. Smith James O. “Advanced Mechanics of Materials.” New York John Wiley and Sons, Inc. 1952
- SAE Recommended Practice, Critical Zone-Characteristics and Dimensions For Operators of Construction and Industrial Machinery-SAE J397 SAE Handbook