This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Role of NAPCA in Controlling Aircraft Pollutant Emissions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The National Air Pollution Control Administration (NAPCA) initiated a program in 1967 on the characterization and control of aircraft emissions. The program, which is being carried out through contract research and cooperative government-industry studies, covers the measurement of emissions, development of testing instrumentation and procedures, and basic research in emission control technology.
Some of the general results of this program are presented. A brief description of NAPCAs plans for future research is included. The paper concludes with a discussion of possible emission control techniques and regulatory considerations which will affect future standard setting.
CitationKittredge, G. and McNutt, B., "Role of NAPCA in Controlling Aircraft Pollutant Emissions," SAE Technical Paper 710338, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710338.
- , “Nature and Control of Aircraft Engine Exhaust Emissions.” Report of the Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare to Congress, December 1968, Document 91-9 (Also report under same title submitted to NAPCA by Northern Research and Engineering Corporation).
- AIA/ATA Aircraft Engine Emissions Project Committee, “Summary Status Report on Aircraft Engine Exhaust Emissions.” September 1968.
- Sallee G. P., “Standard Smoke Measurement Method.” Paper 700250 presented at SAE Air Transportation Meeting, New York, April 1970.
- , “Aircraft Gas Turbine Engine Exhaust Smoke Measurement.” SAE ARP 1179, 1970.
- Wagner T. O., “CRC Evaluation of Aviation Emission Measurement Techniques.” Paper 700338 presented at SAE Air Transportation Meeting, New York, April 1970.
- , “Time Requirements for Retrofitting Jet Aircrafts with Improved Combustor Designs.” Report submitted to NAPCA by Northern Research and Engineering Corporation, July 1969.
- , “National Air Quality Standards Act of 1970.” Report of the Committee on Public Works, US Senate, Report 91-1196, September 17, 1970.
- Barth D. S., Romanovsky J. C., et al., “Federal Motor Vehicle Emissions Goals for CO, HC, and NOx Based on Desired Air Quality Levels.” APCA, 63rd Annual Meeting, June 1970.
- Powers John O., “Aircraft Engine Emissions-Advance Notice of Proposed Rule Making.” Federal Register (35 FR 5264) March 28, 1970.