This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
NOx Reduction Catalysts for Vehicle Emission Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This project developed and evaluated a catalyst system for oxides of nitrogen control to achieve target reduction levels established for the Inter-Industry Emission Control (IIEC) Program, with concurrent control of the hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide. The major effort described is the evaluation of catalysts and the development of a suitable exhaust gas-temperature environment. The objective was met, with the exception of long-term durability, by using a pelleted, nonnoble metal catalyst and a special container design.
CitationMeguerian, G. and Lang, C., "NOx Reduction Catalysts for Vehicle Emission Control," SAE Technical Paper 710291, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710291.
- Yureva T. M. Popovckii V. V. Boreskov G. K. “Catalytic Activity of Metal Oxides of the 4th Period of the Periodic System with Respect to Oxidation, II: Decomposition of Nitrogen Oxide.” 6 6 1041 1965
- Shelef M. “Catalytic Reduction of Nitric Oxide.” Proceedings, First National Symposium on Heterogeneous Catalysis for Control of Air Pollut. November 1968 Philadelphia 87 112
- Harris S. W. Morello E. F. Peters G. H. Aug. 5 1959
- Sourirajan S. Blumenthal J. L. “The Application of Copper-Silica Catalyst for the Removal of Nitrogen Oxides Present in Low Concentrations by Chemical Reduction with Carbon Monoxide or Hydrogen.” Int. Jrl. Air Water Pollution 5 1961 24 33
- Baker R. A. Doerr R. C. “Catalyzed Nitric Oxide Reduction with Carbon Monoxide.” Ind. Eng. Chem., Process Design Develop. 4 2 1965 188 191
- Roth J. F. Doerr R. C. “Air Pollution Studies: Oxidation-Reduction Catalysts.” Ind. Eng. Chem. 53 1961 293 296
- Taylor F. R. “The Elimination of Oxides of Nitrogen from Automobile Exhaust.” Report 28 Air Pollution Foundation San Marino, Calif. 1959
- Baker R. A. Doerr R. C. “Catalytic Reduction of Nitrogen Oxides in Automobile Exhaust.” Jrl. Air Pollution Control Assoc. 14 10 1964 402 414
- Ayen R. J. Peters M. S. “Catalytic Reduction of NO.” Ind. Eng. Chem. Process Develop. 1 3 1962 204 207
- Ayen R. J. Ng Yu-Sim “Catalytic Reduction of Nitric Oxide by Carbon Monoxide.” Int. Jrl. Air Water Pollut. 10 1 1966 1 13
- Gross G. P. Biller W. F. Green D. F. Kearby K. K. Feb. 27 1968
- Hancock E. E. Campau R. M. Connolly R. “Catalytic Converter Vehicle System Performance: Rapid Versus Customer Mileage.” SAE Transactions 80 1971 710292
- Campau R. M. “Low Emission Concept Vehicles.” SAE Transactions 80 1971 710294