This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Wheel Pump Propulsion System for Floating Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 1, 1971 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A novel design in which the wheel of a military vehicle is modified into an axial flow pump in order to provide improved forward propulsion is presented along with full scale experimental data and concept evaluation.
CitationEhrlich, I., Sloss, D., Hanamoto, B., and Nuttall, C., "The Wheel Pump Propulsion System for Floating Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 710230, 1971, https://doi.org/10.4271/710230.
- “1/4-Ton Truck Flotation Studies,” U. S. Army Tank Automotive Command, April 1965.
- Rymiszewski A.J., “Improving the Water Speed of Wheeled Vehicles,” Journal of Terramechanics, Vol. 1, No. 1, 1964.
- Contract DAAE 07-68-C-2608.
- Ehrlich I.R. and Nuttall C.J., “Preliminary Studies of a Wheel Pump for the Propulsion of Floating Vehicles,” Davidson Laboratory Report 1419, December 1969.
- Sloss D., “Water Performance Tests of the Wheel Pump Installed on a 1/4-Ton Floater/Swimmer,” Davidson Laboratory Report 1450, March 1970.