This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Response of Electronic Cabinets Excited by a Fast Sine Sweep
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1970 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the dynamic response of an electronic cabinet subjected to an amplitude-modulated fast sine sweep. The fast sine sweep is synthesized to have a prescribed response spectra. The cabinet is modeled as a multidegree-of-freedom system in each of three orthogonal directions and the dynamic response is computed using mode superposition. The analytical results are compared to experimental results and the agreement is shown to be good.
CitationShort, S. and McMunn, J., "Response of Electronic Cabinets Excited by a Fast Sine Sweep," SAE Technical Paper 700846, 1970, https://doi.org/10.4271/700846.
- Lewis F. M. “Vibration During Acceleration Through a Critical Speed.” Trans. Am. Soc. Mech. Engrs. 54 1932 253 261
- Hawkes P. “Response of a Single Degree of Freedom System to Exponential Sweep Rates.” LMSC (A/362881) Lockheed Missiles and Space Co. Sunnyvale, Calif. 1963
- Cronin D. L. “Response Spectra For Sweeping Sinusoidal Excitations.” The Shock and Vibration Bulletin 1968
- Crum J. D. “Transmissibility and Fragility Tests of the Boeing C60B Standard Cabinet and D45A Drawer-Detailed Test Plan.” The Boeing Co. 1969
- Short S. A. McMunn J. C. “Response of Hard Rock Silo Cabinets Excited By Fast Sine Sweeps.” Applied Mechanics Report 70-5 TRW Systems Group Redondo Beach, Calif. February 1970