This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Nuclear Rocket Design Approach
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1970 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The current status of the NERVA Nuclear Rocket Engine Design Methodology is presented together with specific examples of the application of modern probabilistic design techniques which lead to having high reliability in the initial design.
CitationHelms, I. and Lombardo, J., "Nuclear Rocket Design Approach," SAE Technical Paper 700801, 1970, https://doi.org/10.4271/700801.
- Gabriel D. S. Helms I. L. “Nuclear Rocket Engine Program Status.” AIAA Joint Propulsion Specialists Conf. San Diego June 1970
- Haugen Edward B. “Probabilistic Approaches to Design.” New York John Wiley and Sons, Inc. 1968
- Kececioglu D. Cormier D. “Design a Specified Reliability into a Component.” Third Annual Aerospace and Maintainability Conf. Washington, D. C. June 1964
- “Properties and Selection of Metals.” Metals Handbook Lyman Taylor 8th 1 ASM Metals, Park, Ohio 1961
- Lipson C. Sheth N. J. “Stress Strength Interference Gives Part's Probability of Failure.” SAE Jrl. 77 April 1969
- NERVA Reliability Program Plan Dec. 1 1969
- NERVA Materials Properties Data Book 1 1-A 2 3 March 15 1970
- DeSalvo G. J. “Structural Reliability Analysis Techniques and Reflector Example.” Westinghouse Astronuclear Lab. May 27 1970
- Kaveney G. S. Leeper C. K. “Design Limit Load Analysis.” Aerojet Nuclear Systems Co. Internal Letter Feb. 17 1970
- NERVA Program Structural Design Requirements Dec. 19 1968
- “Graphical Solutions for Stress/Strength Overlap Problems.” Westinghouse Astronuclear Lab. Internal Memo Jan. 9 1970
- “Thermal Fatigue of Rocket Nozzle Cooling Tubes.” Oak Ridge National Lab. Rept. February 1969
- Neudecker J. W. King C. R. “Thermal Fatigue Tests of Rocket Nozzle Coolant Tubes.” Society for Experimental Stress Analysis Houston Fall Meeting 1969
- “Development of Analytical Techniques for Determination of Thermal Stresses.” North American Rockwell Corp. Rept. NR70H-26
- Johnson P. G. “The Utility of Nuclear Rockets in Outer-Orbit Transportation.” ASME paper 70-AV/SPT-22 Los Angeles June 1970
- Slivka W. R. “Manufacture and Design Technology, NERVA Program.” Propulsion and Energetics Panel AGARD-NATO London April 1970