This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Eclectic Approach to Long Life Reliability Measurement
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1970 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The problem of measuring the reliability of a long life system is evaluated in situations where test data is limited due to cost and schedule constraints. Five advanced techniques are presented that will aid in the solution of this problem. Relationships between generic components and measurement techniques are outlined and the benefit of combining techniques to further magnify the test information is emphasized. Finally, two methods that will determine a system estimate from the various component measurement techniques are presented and compared.
CitationBreen, T., "An Eclectic Approach to Long Life Reliability Measurement," SAE Technical Paper 700605, 1970, https://doi.org/10.4271/700605.
- Haviland R. “Engineering Reliability and Long Life Design.” D. Van Nostrand Co. 1961
- Bazovsky I. “Reliability Theory and Practice.” Prentice Hall Inc. 1961
- Crawford D. E. “Regression Analysis of Censored Accelerated Life Test Data.” GE Technical Information Series Document No. G9SIM2
- Golovin N. E. “Reliability Engineering and Success in space Exploration.” Industrial Quality Control March 1966
- Smith A. M. Abbott R. A. Flanigan W. G. MacFarland W. J. “A Demonstration of the Feasibility of Designing Dynamic Mission Equivalent Tests.”
- Olsson J. E. “Implementation of a Bayesian Reliability Measurement Program.” 1968 Annals of Assurance Sciences, Seventh Reliability and Maintainability Conference July 1968
- MacFarland W. J. “Uses of Bayes' Theorem in Its Discrete Formulation for Reliability Estimation Purposes.” 1968 Annals of Assurance Sciences, Seventh Reliability and Maintainability Conference July 1968
- Demskey S. “Comparison of System Estimation Methods,” Twenty-third Annual Technical Conference American Society for Quality Control May 5-7 1969
- Natrella M. NBS Handbook 91 Experimental Statistics