This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Basics of Structural Fatigue
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1970 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Various recent developments in mechanics theory are discussed with reference to the design of metal structures for fatigue. Particular attention is given to the fatigue notch factor and some test results on welded components are presented and discussed in this context. Emphasis is placed on relating design procedures to progress in fatigue research.
CitationSmith, K. and Topper, T., "Basics of Structural Fatigue," SAE Technical Paper 700555, 1970, https://doi.org/10.4271/700555.
- Smith K. N. Watson P. Topper T. H. “A Stress-Strain Function for the Fatigue of Metals.” ASTM 1969 Report 21, Solid Mechanics Division University of Waterloo Waterloo, Ontario
- Neuber H. “Theory of Stress Concentration for Shear Strained Prismatical Bodies with Arbitrary Non Linear Stress Strain Law.” Journal of Applied Mechanics Dec. 1961
- Topper T. H. Wetzel R. M. Morrow Jo Dean “Neuber's Rule Applied to Fatigue of Notched Specimens.” 70th Annual Meeting ASTM June 1967 J. Materials March 1969
- Topper T. H. Gowda C. V. Byre “Local Stress-Strain Approach to Fatigue Analysis and Design,” Design Engineering Conference 1970 A.S.M.E. November 1969
- Robins D. B. “Fatigue Strength of Welded Structural Elements.” Department of Civil Engineering, University of Waterloo 1969
- Topper T. H. Biggs W. P. “The Cyclic Behaviour of Mild Steel at Low Endurances.” Applied Materials Research July 1966
- Gurney T. R. “Fatigue Strength of Fillet Welded Joints in Steel.” British Welding Journal 1960 178 187
- Topper T. H. Sandor B. I. “Effects of Mean Stress and Prestrain on Fatigue Damage Summation.” T. & A.M. Report No. 318 University of Illinois
- Rosenberger P. C. “Fatigue Behaviour of Smooth and Notched Specimens of Man-Ten Steel.” University of Illinois 1968
- Keshavan S. “Some Studies on the Deformation and Fracture of Normalized Mild Steel Under Cyclic Conditions.” University of Waterloo Waterloo, Ontario 1967