This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Diesel Fuel Specifications and Their Current Suitability
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1970 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Mid-Year Meeting
Diesel fuel specifications have undergone major revisions during the past decade. Actions taken to date do not satisfy the expressed requirements of the majority of diesel engine users and engine builders. Reference is made to the compatibility of current diesel fuel specifications with other middle distillate fuel specifications. Premium diesel fuels and fuel additivies are discussed. Constructive diesel fuel specification revisions are proposed which should satisfy the current needs of all diesel fuel consumers and diesel engine-builders and still be acceptable to the refiners and marketers of diesel and other related middle distillate fuels.
CitationBrower, G., "Diesel Fuel Specifications and Their Current Suitability," SAE Technical Paper 700521, 1970, https://doi.org/10.4271/700521.
- Hubner W. H. Murphy G. B. Egloff Gustav “A Study of Diesel-Fuel Specifications.” Second World Petroleum Congress Paris, France Oct. 1 1939 Universal Oil Products Co.
- Ainsley W. G. “Evaluation of Diesel Fuels in Full-Scale Engines (CFR Report).” SAE Journal (Transactions) 49 4 October 1941
- “Proceedings of the ASTM.” 4 1941
- Burk F. C. Cloud G. H. Aug W. F. “Fuel Requirements of Automotive Diesel Engines.” SAE National Fuels and Lubricants Meeting Tulsa, Oklahoma November 1944
- Ward C. C. “Diesel Fuel Specification Requirements.”
- Brower Gilbert K. Lenzi William “Diesel Fuels-Confusion Compounded-Why?” Paper 74A presented at SAE National West Coast Meeting Los Angeles August 1958
- Callaway J. R. “Product Quality and Specification Testing-Diesel Fuels and the Farm Market.” API Farm Equipment Fuels and Lubricants Forum,” Feb. 8 1967 Des Plaines, Ill.
- Brower Gilbert K. discussion of Callaway paper Feb. 8 1967
- Minutes, ASTM ad hoc TAsk Force meeting Sept. 17 1965 Erlinger, Ky.
- U.S. Bureau of Mines Petroleum Products Survey No. 62 “Diesel Fuel Oils, Summer 1969,” November 1969
- “Manual for Selection and Application of Diesel Fuels and Lubricants.” 1968 Ashland Oil and Refining Co.
- ASTM Standards January 1969
- Minutes ASTM Committee D-2 June 27 1969
- Hultkrans H. R. “Role of Fuel Properties in Diesel Fleet Economy.” Paper 650429 presented at SAE Mid-Year Meeting Chicago May 1956
- Fallon Thomas J. “Flow Improver Additives-Effective for Winterizing Diesel Fuels.” SAE Activity Proceedings-Fuels and Lubricants 1968 Papers New York Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 1968
- Collings H. E. Squerciati E. C. “Additives for Liquid Hydrocarbon Fuels.” Paper 221 B presented at SAE Farm, Construction, and Industrial Machinery Meeting Milwaukee September 1960
- “Premium Diesel Fuel-Bigger Profit Margin for Distillate.” National Petroleum News April 1969
- Lindeman R. P. Lawrence D. K. Wagner T. O. “Classification of Diesel Fuels.” Paper 680467 presented at SAE Mid-Year Meeting Detroit May 1968