This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Applicability of Braking Control Systems for Highway Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1970 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Mid-Year Meeting
An evaluation of the applicability of braking control systems for highway vehicles was carried out. Elements of the study included development of a theory of vehicle response in braking maneuvers, design of logic for a braking control system, incorporation of the control in a hybrid computer simulation of a motor vehicle, and evaluation of control system performance. Benefits of braking control systems are illustrated in terms of improvement in stability characteristics (rear-wheel control) and in directional control (four-wheel system).
|Technical Paper||Hardware in the Loop for Dynamic Chassis Control Algorithms Test and Validation|
|Technical Paper||Requirements for Vehicle Dynamics Simulation Models|
CitationOlsson, G., Fielding, P., and Balmer, G., "Applicability of Braking Control Systems for Highway Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 700516, 1970, https://doi.org/10.4271/700516.
- Furia A. Schachter S. Gancel P. “Trends in Braking Techniques of the European Vehicles.” 670505 SAE Mid-Year Meeting Chicago May 1967
- Wilkens H. A. “An Assessment of the Dunlop Maxaret Anti-Locking Braking System Fitted to an Articulated Vehicle.” Road Research Laboratory, Ministry of Transport Crowthrone, Berkshire, England 1968
- Harned J. L. Johnston L. E. “Anti-Lock Brakes.” G. M. Proving Ground Milford, Mich. July 11-12 1968
- Madison R. H. Riordan H. E. “Evolution of Sure-Track Brake System.” 690213 SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1969
- Harned J. L. Johnston L. E. Scharpf G. “Measurement of Tire Brake Force Characteristics as Related to Wheel Slip (Antilock) Control System Design.” 690214 SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1969
- Leiber H. Limpert W. D. “The Electronic Anti-Skid Device.” 71 6 June 1969 181 189 STS, Inc. Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Latvala B. E. Morse R. J. “Adaptive Anti-Lock Braking-A Reality for Air Braked Vehicles.” 700112 SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1970
- Denholm M. J. Leuck F. E. Bush J. W. “Make the Truck Stop, Too.” SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1970
- Olsson G. R. Fielding P. G. Yim B. “Applicability of Braking Control Systems for Highway Vehicles.” Bureau of Public Roads June 15 1970
- Yim B. Olsson G. R. Fielding P. G. Balmer G. G. “Highway Vehicle Stability in Braking Maneuvers.” 700515 SAE Mid-Year Meeting Detroit May 1970
- Dugoff H. Fancher P. S. Segel L. “Tire Performance Characteristics Affecting Vehicler Response to Steering and Braking Control Inputs.” Highway Safety Research Institute, The University of Michigan August 1969
- Dugoff H. Fancher P. S. Segel L. “An Analysis of Tire Traction Properties and Their Influence on Vehicle Dynamic Performance.” 700377 SAE Mid-Year Meeting Detroit May 1970
- Kuzmak G. N. “Asymptotic Solutions of Non-Linear Second Order Differential Equations with Variable Coefficients.” 23 3 1959 515 526
- Cesari L. “Asymptotic Behavior and Stability Problems in Ordinary Diffenertial Equations.” New York Academic Press 1963 Second
- Kevorkian J. “The Two-Variable Expansion Procedure for the Approximate Solution of Certain Non-Linear Differential Equations.” Lectures in Applied Mathematics American Mathematical Society 7 1966 206 275
- Cole J. D. “Perturbatoin Methods in Applied Mathematics.” Waltham Mass. Blaisdell Publishing Co. 1968
- Segel L. “Theoretical Prediction and Experimental Substantiation of the Response of the Automobile to Steering Control.” Research in Automobile Stability and Control and in Tyre Performance The Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Automobile Division August 1956
- Hales F. D. “The Lateral Stability of a Simplified Articulated Vehicle.” Control of Vehicles During Braking and Cornering The Institution of Mechanical Engineers London 1963
- Jindra F. “Handling Characteristics of Tractor-Trailer Combinations.” SAE Transactions 74 1965 650720
- Schmid I. “Engineering Approach to Truck and Tractor Train Stability.” SAE Transactions 76 1967 670006