This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hybrid Computer Simulation of Vehicle Directional Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1970 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper discusses the use of hybrid analog-digital simulation in vehicle design analysis. A hybrid program for the design application of nonlinear directional control analysis is described. This program combines the nonlinear tire properties, suspension analysis, and vehicle dynamics into an efficient design analysis package.
CitationValentine, R., "Hybrid Computer Simulation of Vehicle Directional Control," SAE Technical Paper 700156, 1970, https://doi.org/10.4271/700156.
- Leffert R. L. “Programming Time-Sharing Digital Computers for Linear Dynamic Simulation,” Paper 690235 SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1969
- The Service Bureau Corporation
- Bekey G. A. Karplus W. J. “Hybrid Computation.” New York Wiley 1968
- Electronic Associates, Inc.
- Nordeen D. L. Cortese A. D. “Force and Moment Characteristics of Rolling Tires.” June 1963 SAE Trans. 72 1964 325 337
- DeBoor C. “Cubic Spline Interpolation,” Journal of Mathematics and Physics 41 1962 212 218
- Birkhoff G. DeBoor C. “Piecewise Polynomial Interpolation and Approximation,” Approximation of Functions Elsevier 1965 164 190
- Nordeen D. L. “Application of Tire Characterizing Functions to Tire Development,” Paper 680409 SAE Mid-Year Meeting Detroit May 1968
- Krempel G. “Research on Automobile Tires,” Hanover, Germany August 1967 Cornell Aeronautical Laboratory, Inc. Buffalo, New York
- Nordeen D. L. “Analysis of Tire Lateral Forces and Interpretation of Experimental Tire Data,” Paper 670173 SAE Automotive Engineering Congress Detroit January 1967
- Nordeen D. L. “Vehicle Directional Control Equations for an Inclined Roll Axis.” Engineering Staff, General Motors Corporation Milford, Michigan July 1969
- Ung M. T. “Sample Optimization Hybrid Program.” Simulation 10 January 1968 21 28
- Ginn J. L. et al “The B. F. Goodrich Tire Dynamics Machine.” Society of Automotive Engineers 1962