This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The FL 413 - A New Series of Deutz Air-Cooled, V-Type Diesel Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1970 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The design and development of a new series of V-type diesel engines featuring air cooling and direct injection is described. With this family of 6, 8, 10, and 12 cyl powerplants, which are available as naturally aspirated, turbocharged, and turbocharged engines with intercooling, an output range of 150-500 hp is covered. A one cylinder unit is standard for all engines.
Details are given of the development work of some assemblies, especially crankcase, connecting rod, and cylinder head and its bolting.
Extensive field and bench testing of the engines have revealed excellent durability, good fuel economy, and low noise level.
|Technical Paper||The Sucking of Air Under the Lip of Radial Shaft Seals|
|Technical Paper||Transient Heat Conduction in Low-Heat-Rejection Engine Combustion Chambers|
|Technical Paper||Nittred Gray Cast Iron Piston Rings|
CitationHowe, H., "The FL 413 - A New Series of Deutz Air-Cooled, V-Type Diesel Engines," SAE Technical Paper 700028, 1970, https://doi.org/10.4271/700028.
- Howe H.-U. and Pischinger Franz, “Der luftgekühlte DEUTZ-Dieselmotor FL 912.” Motortechnische Zeitschrift, No. 4 (April 1968), pp. 132-138.
- Haas H. H., “Air-Cooling versus Water-Cooling in Agricultural and Construction Equipment.” Paper 222A, presented at the SAE National Farm, Construction and Industrial Machinery Meeting, Milwaukee, September 1960.
- Haas H. H., Wünsche Adolf, and Wende Hans, “Component Standardization for Truck Variety at Low Volume.” Paper 975E, presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress, Detroit, January 1965.
- Müller H. W. and Funk Wolfram, “Der Einfluss der Reibkorrosion auf die Dauerhaltbarkeit zusammengesetzter Maschinenelemente.” Motortechnische Zeitschrift, No. 7 (July 1969), pp. 233-237.
- Benz W., “Hochwertige Schrauben und Schraubenverbindungen im Motorenbau.” Konstruktion, No. 5 (May 1955), pp. 175-184.
- Müller R., “Luftkuhlung.” in Automobiltechnisches Handbuch,” 18th ed., 1964, pp. 551-645.
- Pischinger F., “Der Verbrennungsablauf im Dieselmotor aus neuerer Sicht.” VDI-Zeitschrift, Vol. 111, No. 7, (July 1969), pp. 430-434.
- Cordier O. and Reyl G., “The Noise Problem of Air Cooled Diesel Engines-Measures towards Its Reduction with General Observations and Specific Results.” Paper 680 405 presented at SAE Mid-Year Meeting, Detroit, May 1968.