This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Laboratory Studies on Laminated Safety Glass and Installations on Performance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1969 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper is in part an extension of the laboratory studies reported at the Eleventh Stapp Car Crash Conference. The impact performance of laminated safety glass relative to penetration resistance, concussive hazard and lacerative damage has been expanded to additional laminated glass structures and installations at 45 and 90 deg impact angles. Severity Index values for a number of laminated panels have been obtained using a modified 22 lb headform that provides proper alignment of the internally mounted accelerometer with the test panel in free-fall impact studies.
The effect of windshield installation on mean penetration velocity, laceration, and Severity Index in full scale laboratory testing is presented for rubber channel and adhesive mounting systems.
CitationRieser, R. and Chabal, J., "Laboratory Studies on Laminated Safety Glass and Installations on Performance," SAE Technical Paper 690799, 1969, https://doi.org/10.4271/690799.
- WidmanJ. C. ,“Recent Developments in Penetration Resistance of Windshield Glass. ” Paper 650474 presented at SAE Mid-Year Meeting, Detroit, May 1965.
- PatrickL. M., “Human Tolerance to Impact - Basis for Safety Design.” Paper 1003B, January 1965.
- DanforthJ. P. and GaddC. W., “Use of Weighted Impulse Criterion for Estimating Injury Hazard.” Proceedings of the Tenth Stapp Car Crash Conference, New York: Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc., 1966.
- RieserR. G. and ChabalJ., “Safety Performance of Laminated Glass Configurations. ”Proceedings of the Eleventh Stapp Car Crash Conference, New York: Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc., 1967.
- “Calibration and Operation of Model 800 Infrared Analyzer.” Published by Plastics Dept.; “Butacite” Marketing Section, E.I. duPont de Nemours & Co., Inc.
- RieserR. G. and MichaelsG. E., “Factors in the Development and Evaluation of the Safer Glazing. ” Proceedings of the Ninth Stapp Car Crash Conference, Minneapolis: University of Minnesota, 1965.
- PartickL. M., TrosienK. R. and DuPontF. T., “Safety Performance of Chemically Strengthened Windshield. ”Paper 690485, presented at SAE Mid-Year Meeting, Chicago, 1969.