This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Performance Requisites for an Engineer
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1969 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents a view of performance requisites of the engineer, and the engineer as a manager, coupled with helps for measuring an individual against them. The prime measuring tool is face to face interviewing. A method of obtaining maximum efficiency from this tool by conducting the interview without breaking the laws of listening is presented.
CitationSnowden, N., "Performance Requisites for an Engineer," SAE Technical Paper 690582, 1969, https://doi.org/10.4271/690582.
- Colwell A. T. “What Industry Expects of the Young Engineer.” Paper presented at SAE Student Meeting Los Angeles October 1949
- Raudsepp Eugene “Hiring Engineers.” Machine Design Magazine March 28 1963
- Hurt Rex Dr. “How to Make a Manager Out of an Engineer.” Research/Development Magazine June 1966 F. D. Thompson Publications, Inc.
- Randle C. Wilson “How to Identify Promotable Executives.” Harvard Business Review May-June 1956
- Roberts Thomas S. “The Vital Shift from Managing Workers to Managing Managers.” Paper 690361 SAE Earthmoving Industry Conference, Central Illinois Section Meeting Peoria April 1969
- Schoenberger William J. “Engineering Personnel, Requirements for Research and Development Laboratories.” IRE Transactions of Engineering Management July 1956
- MAPI study “The Caterpillar Approach to Industrial Relations.” Machinery and Allied Products Institute 1200 Eighteenth Street, N. W., Washington, D. C. 20036
- Morgan John S. “Managing the Young Adults.” American Management Association, Inc.
- Danielson Lee E. “What Are Engineers Really Like?” SAE Transactions 75 1967 paper 660056
- Savage Charles F. “Factors that Influence the Careers of Engineers in a Large Industry.” January 8 1965 Savage Mr. Manager Engineering Placement and Professional Relations General Electric Co.
- King W. J. “The Unwritten Laws of Engineering.” American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Odiorne George S. Miller Edwin L. “Selection by Objectives.” Management of Personnel Quarterly Fall 1966
- Odiorne Hann “Effective College Recruiting.” Bureau of Industrial Relations, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Mich.
- “Recruiting and Selecting Employees.” New York, National & Industrial Conference Board 1954 Studies in Personnel Policy, No. 144
- Mandell Milton M. “The Employment Interview.” AMA Research Study No. 47 American Management Association
- McQuaig Jack H. “How to Pick Men.” Frederick Fell Inc. New York 1963
- Nichols Ralph G. “Listening Is a 10-Part Skill.” Nations Business July 1957