This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A New Concept of Stratified Charge Two Stroke Engine Yui and Ohnishi Combustion Process (YOCP)
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1969 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Mid-Year Meeting
A unique process for stratified charge in a 2 stroke gasoline engine provides outstanding improvement in performance and makes possible the control of known pollutants in exhaust emission without supplementary devices. The proposed process is intended to achieve virtual control of CO, unburned hydrocarbons, and NOX while maintaining satisfactory fuel consumption without erratic or irregular operation. Thus, a large part of the disadvantages of the 2 stroke engine will be overcome. No critical relationship exists among fuel components and response is good. Coupled with these features are adequately large power values and no smoke limit to pose opacity problems.
CitationYui, S. and Ohnishi, S., "A New Concept of Stratified Charge Two Stroke Engine Yui and Ohnishi Combustion Process (YOCP)," SAE Technical Paper 690468, 1969, https://doi.org/10.4271/690468.
- Yanaihara “NO in Exhaust Emission of 2-Stroke Gasoline Engine,” Internal Combustion Engine (Japan) 7 74 1968 40
- Ohigashi Kashiwada Hamamoto “A New Single-Cycle Test Apparatus for Studying Success of Scavanging in Small Two-Stroke Engine Cylinder” Automobile Engineering (Japan) 17 1 1963
- Myers P. S. “Heat Transfer and Combustion of Internal Combustion Engines,” Internal Combustion Engine (Japan) 7 69 1968 62
- Ohigashi Hamamoto Tanabe “Flow Dynamics of Gas within the Cylinder in Small-Size 2-Stroke Gasoline Engines, ” Collection of Technical Papers Presented to Society of Mechanical Engineering (Japan), No. 193 1968 119 122
- Julius E. Witzky “The Swirl Stratification Process,” Automobile Engineer (February 1968
- Davis C. W. Barber E. M. Mitchell Edward “Fuel Injection and Positive Ignition a Basis for Improved Efficiency and Economy,” SAE Trans 69 1961
- Mellde Rolf W. Eklund Josef Knutson Kjell “Some Experiences of Two-Cycle Engines as Power Units for a Passenger Car,” SAE Trans 74 1966
- Schweitzer Paul H. Grunder Lawrence J. “Hybrid Engines,” SAE Trans 71 1963
- Hussmann A. W. Kahoun F. Taylor R.A. “Charge Stratification by Fuel Injection into Swirling Air,” SAE Trans 71 1963
- Bishop I. N. Simko Aladar “A New Concept of Stratified Charge Combustion - The Ford Combustion Process (FCP),” SAE Transactions 77 1968