This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Role of Foams and Fiber Paddings for Greater Luxury in Automobile Interiors
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1969 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A review of the current applications of foams and fibers in automotive interiors, and a preview of future developments and processes, such as mechanical bonding of foam and cover material, an improved method of tooling for plastics, self-skinning foams, molded fibers; and as yet, unexplored uses for new decorative products.
|Technical Paper||Evolution of Structural Instrument Panels|
|Technical Paper||Fatigue Considerations for FRP Composites|
|Technical Paper||Expanded Royalite as an Automotive and Truck Body Material|
CitationSinger, R., "The Role of Foams and Fiber Paddings for Greater Luxury in Automobile Interiors," SAE Technical Paper 690242, 1969, https://doi.org/10.4271/690242.
- AlexanderP. D., “Foam-Expanding into All Markets.” Plastics World, July 1968, p. 38.
- WeissP., “An Interdisciplinary Approach to Automotive Plastics.” SPE Journal, October 1967, p.20.
- “Detroit ′68: the shape of things to come.” Modern Plastics, October 1967, p.89
- “New roles for plastics in Detroit.” Modern Plastics, October 1966, p.90.
- FradosJ., “Plastics in Automotive - Current Applications and Future.” SAE SP-291, Paper 670 714.
- ThomasC. R. and BriscallH., “Chemical Constitution and Properties of Cellular Plastics.” British Plastics, August 1967, p. 79.
- DanielR. P., “A Bio-Engineering Approach to Crash Padding.” Paper 68001 presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress, Detroit, January 1968.
- AbersfellerH. A., “Federal Program of Automotive Standards.”
- HaeuslerR., “Automotive Manufacturer's Approach to Automotive Safety.”
- HuelkeD. F., GrabbW. C. and GikasP. W. “Injuries and Deaths from Windshield and Instrument Panel Impacts.”
- PatrickL. M., LissnerH. R. and GurdjianE. S. “Survival by Design - Head Protection.”
- HansenA. M., “SAE Test Procedure for Instrument Panels.”