This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hydrocarbon Reactivities of Motor Fuel Evaporation Losses
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1969 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A calculation technique that accounts for nonlinear relations between reactivity and mixture concentration has been developed and used to study the hydrocarbon reactivity of evaporation losses from a variety of original fuels. Results show that diluting the concentration of light olefins in the original fuel, normally accomplished by additions of light paraffins and saturate base stocks, will reduce the hydrocarbon reactivity of evaporation losses.
CitationEbersole, G., "Hydrocarbon Reactivities of Motor Fuel Evaporation Losses," SAE Technical Paper 690089, 1969, https://doi.org/10.4271/690089.
- Mulac J. C. McCafferty R. L. Meyer W. A. P. “Carburetor Evaporation Losses - Volatility and Reactivity.” 31st Midyear Meeting of the API's Division of Refining Houston, Texas
- Ebersole G. D. McReynolds L. A. “Evaluation of Automobile Total Hydrocarbon Emissions.” SAE Transactions 75 1967 paper 660408
- Muller H. L. Kay R. E. Wagner T. O. “Determining the Amount and Composition of Evaporation Losses from Automotive Fuel Systems.” SAE Transactions 75 1967 paper 660407
- “1966 CRC Motor Vehicle Evaporation Loss Tests.” CRC Report No. 400 New York 1966
- Treybal Robert E. “Mass Transfer Operations.” New York McGraw-Hill Book Co. Inc. 1955
- Glasson W. A. Tuesday C. S. “Inhibitions of the Atmospheric Photooxidation of Hydrocarbons by Nitric Oxide.” 148th Natl. ACS Meeting Chicago Aug. 30 - Sept. 4, 1964
- Glasson W. A. Tuesday C. S. “Hydrocarbon Reactivity and the Kinetics of the Atmospheric Photooxidation of Nitric Oxide.” 59th Annual Air Poll. Control Assoc. Meeting San Francisco June 20-24, 1966
- Schuck E. A. Doyle G. J. “Photooxidation of Hydrocarbons in Mixtures Containing Oxides of Nitrogen and Sulfur Dioxide.” Air Pollution Foundation, Report No. 29 San Marino, Calif. 1959
- Romanovsky J. E. Ingels R. M. Gordon R. J. “Estimation of Smog Effects in the Hydrocarbon-Nitric Oxide System.” 59th Annual Air Poll. Control Assoc. Meeting San Francisco June 20-24, 1966
- Altshuller A. P. Klosterman O. L. Leach V. W. Hindawi I. J. Sigsby J. E. “Products and Biological Effects from Irradiation of Nitrogen Oxides with Hydrocarbons or Aldehydes under Dynamic Conditions,” Air and Water Pollut. Int. J. 10 1966 81 94
- Bufalini J. J. Altshuller A. P. “Synergistic Effects in the Photooxidation of Mixed Hydrocarbons,” Environmental Science and Technology 1 1967 133 138
- Wimmer D. B. Coyner H. N. Gragson J. T. “A Bench-Scale Irradiation Chamber and Its Application to Relative Measurements of Hydrocarbon Reactivities.” 149th National ACS Meeting September 12-17, 1965