This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Use of Contoured Restraint Systems in Exposure of Large Primates to −150 Gx Impact
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1968 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Two large anesthetized chimpanzees were exposed to −150 Gx (“eyeballs out”). Both were restrained by contour supports of synthetic foam material. Both survived the experience with minor injuries, demonstrating the increased tolerance to impact provided by whole body restraint systems.
CitationSonntag, R., Newsom, W., Leverett, S., and Kirtland, V., "Use of Contoured Restraint Systems in Exposure of Large Primates to −150 Gx Impact
- Aldman, Bertil “A Protective Seat for Children.” Eighth Stapp Car Crash Conference Proceedings. Detroit: Wayne State University Press, 1966.
- Chandler, Richard F. “The Daisy Decelerator.” Aeromedical Research Laboratory, ARL-TR-67-3, Holloman AFB, N. Mex., 1967.
- Gell, C. F. “Table of Equivalents for Acceleration Terminology, Recommended for General International Use by the Acceleration Committee of the Aerospace Medical Panel, AGARD.” Aerospace Medicine, Vol. 32December 1961, pp. 1109–1111.
- Heap Samuel A. and Grenier, Emile P. “The Design and Development of a More Effective Child Restraint Concept.” Paper 68002 presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress, Detroit, January1968.
- Huelke D. F. and Gikas, P. W. “Ejection—The Leading Cause of Death in Automobile Accidents.” Tenth Stapp Car Crash Conference Proceedings. New York: Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc., New York, 1966.
- Lombard C. F. and Advani, S. H. “Impact Protection by Isovolu-metric Containment of the Torso.” Tenth Stapp Car Crash Conference Proceedings. New York: Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc., 1966.
- Lombard, C. F. et al. “The Influence of Orientation and Support-Restraint upon Survival from Impact Acceleration.” Aeromedical Research Laboratory, ARL-TR-66-20, Holloman AFB, N. Mex.
- Robbins, W. A. et al., “The Influence of Support-Restraint in Survival from +GX and ±GZ Impact using an LD50 Criterion with Guinea Pig Subjects.” Preprint of Scientific Program, Aerospace Medical Association Meeting, Bal Harbor, Fla., May1968.
- Snyder, Richard G. et al., “Experimental Impact Protection with Advanced Automotive Restraint Systems.” Eleventh Stapp Car Crash Conference Proceedings. New York: Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc., 1967.
- Snyder, Richard G. et al., “Seat Belt Injuries at Impact.” Highway Safety Research Institute. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1967.