This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Handyman to Hardiman
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1967 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Man and machine can be combined into an intimate, symbiotic unit that will perform essentially as one wedded system. This Cybernetic Anthropomorphous Machine (CAM) will respond to irregular force and position patterns with the alacrity of man's information and control system coupled with the machine's power and ruggedness. A new and exciting area for the application of this control technique is in earth-moving and material-handling equipment.
|Technical Paper||Influence of Oxygen Storage Characteristics on Automobile Emissions|
|Technical Paper||Optimal Forming of Aluminum 2008-T4 Conical Cups Using Force Trajectory Control|
|Technical Paper||Microkinetics Modeling of Catalytic Converters|
CitationMosher, R., "Handyman to Hardiman," SAE Technical Paper 670088, 1967, https://doi.org/10.4271/670088.
- Barnes Sam, “Machines that Walk.” Machine Design, February 17, 1965, p. 156.
- Liston R. H. and Mosher R. S., “Walking Machine Studies.” Paper presented at International Society for Terrain Vehicle Systems Conference, Parry Sound, Ontario, August 1965.
- Mosher R. S., “Industrial Manipulators.” Scientific American, October 1964, p. 88.
- Mosher R. S. and Murphy W. W, “Human Control Factors in Walking Machines.” Paper presented at ASME Human Factors Meeting, Chicago, November 1965.
- Mosher R. S., “Force Reflection Electrohydraulic Servo Manipulator.” Electro-Technology, December 1960.
- Mosher R. S., “Operator Machine Relationships in the Manipulator.” Aeronautical Systems Div., Wright-Patterson, AFB, Dayton, Ohio, Technical Report 61-430.
- Murphy W. W., “An Analysis of Variations in Several Feedback Modalities and Effects on Human Performance.” General Electric Co. Report 63POD19, January 29, 1963.
- Murphy W. W. and Wirta R. W., “The Effect of Visual Feedbacks in Remote Handling.” General Electric Co. Report 63POD35, October 31, 1963.
- Shigley J., “The Mechanics of Walking Vehicles.” Army Tank-Automotive Center, Warren, Michigan, Report No. 71, September 1960.
- “Optimum Underwater Manipulator Systems for Manned Submersibles.” North American Aviation, Inc. Contract NObs 92401, Project Serial No. SF 0/3-01-14 Task 11376.