This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
MQAF Titanium Alloys and Titanium Bi-Alloy Composites
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1966 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The development of a unique micro quenched age formed (MQAF) process for producing titanium alloys of shallow hardening composition with deep hardening characteristics is described. Also, in line with the desire to improve the elevated temperature strength of titanium alloys, an alternate approach has been devised for producing titanium alloys with useful strength above 1000 F. Data are presented on the development of composites of two titanium alloys, each constituent possessing complementary properties. It is believed that this bi-alloy concept offers great potential for titanium alloys in the high-temperature range.
CitationAbkowitz, S., "MQAF Titanium Alloys and Titanium Bi-Alloy Composites," SAE Technical Paper 660458, 1966, https://doi.org/10.4271/660458.
- Patents No. 2,819,959 and 2,884,323, “High Strength Titanium Base Aluminum-Vanadium-Iron Alloy”; Stanley Abkowitz et al. assignors to Reactive Metals Inc.
- Patent No. 2,906,654, “Heat Treated Titanium-Aluminum-Vanadium Alloy”; Stanley Abkowitz assignor to United States as represented by Secretary of the Army.
- Patent No. 2,669,513, “Titanium Base Alloys Containing Aluminum and Tin”; Jaffee, Orgden, and Maykith assignor to Rem-Cru Titanium Inc.
- Patents No. 2,865,698 and 2,865,699, “Titanium Base Aluminum-Tantalum-Columbium Alloys”; Stanley Abkowitz and Paul Moorhead assignors to Reactive Metals Inc.
- Patent No. 3,114,632, “High Strength Titanium Base Zirconium-Aluminum Alloy”; Dickinson, Abkowitz, and Nylen assignors to Reactive Metals Inc.
- Rosenberg H. W., “Metallurgy of the Super Alpha Titanium Alloys.” Paper presented at 93rd Annual Meeting, AIME, New York City, February 1964.
- Patent No. 3,099,041, “Method and Apparatus for Making Powder”; A. R. Kaufmann assignor to Nuclear Metals, Inc.