This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Design Approach for Achieving Optimum Dynamic Properties in Elastomeric Cab and Body Mounts
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1966 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Mid-Year Meeting
This paper describes a systematic procedure for designing elastomeric cab and body mounts. Performance characteristics related to load-bearing capability and the control of vibration and shock are discussed; test data on a series of suitable butyl rubber compounds are presented; and an example is worked out showing how the data can be used in reaching a final design. Suggestions concerning design details, specifications, and test methods are included.
|Technical Paper||Measurement of Dynamic Parameters of Automotive Exhaust Hangers|
|Technical Paper||Development in Sidewall Reinforced Run-Flat Tire|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Off-Road Rim Maintenance Procedures and Service Precautions Diameter Code 20 and Larger|
CitationPuydak, R. and Auda, R., "A Design Approach for Achieving Optimum Dynamic Properties in Elastomeric Cab and Body Mounts," SAE Technical Paper 660439, 1966, https://doi.org/10.4271/660439.
- Janeway R. N., “A Better Truck Ride for Driver and Cargo.” SP-154 published by the Society of Automotive Engineers, New York, 1958.
- Backaitis S. H. and and Van Deusen B. D., “Discussion of Effects of Tires on Tandem Truck Ride and Vibration Problems.” SP-260 (paper650188) published by the Society of Automotive Engineers, New York, 1965.
- Pradko F. and Lee R. A., “Vibration Comfort Criteria.” Paper 660139 presented at SAE Automotive and Engineering Congress, Detroit, January 1966.
- Davey A. B. and Payne A. R., “Rubber in Engineering Practice.” New York: Palmerton Publishers (1964), pp. 411-416.
- Lagergren J. H., “The 1964 Pontiac Tempest.” Paper 785B presented at SAE Automotive Engineering Congress, Detroit, January 1964.
- Anthony R. C., “The Practical Application of Truck Body Mountings.” Paper 660438 presented at SAE Mid-Year Meeting, Detroit, June 1966.
- Keys W. C., “Rubber Springs.” Mechanical Engineering, May 1937.
- Cardillo R. M. and Kruse D. F., “Load Bearing Characteristics of Butyl Rubber.” ASME Paper 61-WA-335.
- Snowdon J. C., “Representation of the Mechanical Damping Possessed by Rubberlike Materials and Structures.” J. Acoustical Society of America, Vol. 35, No. 6 (June 1963), pp. 821-829.
- Auda R. S. and Cardillo R. M., “Importance of Dynamic Testing of Elastomers.” SP-260 (Paper650182) published by the Society of Automotive Engineers, New York, 1965.
- Davey A. B. and Payne A. R., op. cit., p. 137.
- Davey A. B. and Payne A. R., op. cit., p. 27.
- Lowman M. and Maurer P. E., “How to Design Molded Rubber Parts - Part II.” Automotive Industries, Feb. 15, 1966.