This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamic Measurements of Forward Gas Expulsion during High Speed Stall of Jet Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1965 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Dynamic measurements taken in a length of pipe mounted in front of a full-scale engine which was intentionally stalled at high corrected speed clearly demonstrate that gases hot enough to stall adjacent engines are expelled forward for a considerable distance. As a consequence, the isolation length of the inlet duct and the provision of adequate stall margin is required to assure compatible inlet flow conditions in clustered engine installations.
CitationAlford, J. and Victor, I., "Dynamic Measurements of Forward Gas Expulsion during High Speed Stall of Jet Engines," SAE Technical Paper 650840, 1965, https://doi.org/10.4271/650840.
- Gabriel D. S. Wallner L. E. Lubick R. J. “Some Effects of Transients in Inlet Pressure and Temperatures on Turbojet Engines.” Paper presented at 25th IAS Annual Meeting January 1957
- Wallner L. E. Useller J. W. Saari M. J. “A Study of Temperature Transients at the Inlet of a Turbojet Engine.” June 1957
- Alford J. S. Davies D. P. Young L. C. “Inlet Duct-Engine Airflow Match and Compatibility for Super sonic Aircraft.” Paper presented at Sae National Aerospace and Manufacturing Meeting Los Angeles October 1962
- Kuchemann D. Weber J. “Aerodynamics of Propulsion.” York, Pa The Maple Press Co.
- Rudinger G. “Wave Diagrams for Nonsteady Flow in Ducts.” New York D. Van Nostrand Co. 1955
- Forstall, W. Jr. Shapiro A. H. “Momentum and Mass Transfer in Coaxial Gas Jets.”
- Squire H. B. Trouncer J. “Round Jets in a General Stream.” 1944
- Corrsin S. Uberoi M. S. “Further Experiments on the Flow and Heat Transfer in a Heated Turbulent Air Jet.” 1949
- Callaghan E. E. Ruggeri R. S. “Investigation of the Penetration of an Air Jet Directed Perpendicularly to an Airstream.” June 1948
- Ruggeri R. S. Callaghan E. E. Bowden D. T. “Penetration of Air Jets Issuing from Circular Square, and Elliptical Orifices Directed Perpendicularly to an Airstream.” February 1950
- Alford J. S. “Inlet Flow Distortion Index.” Paper presented at International Days of Aeronautical Sciences May 27–29 1957 Paris, France