This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Procedure for Assessing the Air Cushion Vehicle with Other Off-Road Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 1965 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper presents the operations research, systems analysis, and cost-effectiveness procedures used in comparing a new system concept with relatively conventional off-road Army vehicles. The combination of these procedures is indicative of the work that must be considered in the development of new off-road systems. Of particular importance is the analysis of the wheel performance when it is off-loaded by a supplementary air cushion.
Although much remains to be done in developing such procedures, it is concluded that until actual vehicles become available for operational testing, the procedures adopted will provide useful indications of the costs and effectiveness to be expected.
CitationFielding, P., "A Procedure for Assessing the Air Cushion Vehicle with Other Off-Road Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 650043, 1965, https://doi.org/10.4271/650043.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- “ Operational Analysis of the Use of Air Cushion Vehicles in Support of the Army’s Off-Road Logistic Mission,” TRECOM Technical Report 63–37, U. S. Army Transportation Research Command, Fort Eustis, Va., August 1963.
- Bekker M. G., “Theory of Land Locomotion, The Mechanics of Vehicle Mobility.” Ann Arbor: Univ. of Michigan Press, 1956, (unclassified).
- “Brief Vehicle Mobility Characteristics Data for Project Wheeltrack,” U. S. Army Ordnance Tank -- Automotive Command, Research and Engineering Directorate (June 1962) (unclassified).
- Bekker M. G., “Off-the-Road Locomotion, Research and Development in Terramechanics.” Ann Arbor: Univ. of Michigan Press, 1960, (unclassified).
- “Analysis of Air Cushion Vehicles in Army Logistics Over the Shore (LOTS) Operations, Volume 2” U.S. Army Transportation Research Command TCREC Technical Report 62–24 (March 1962) (Confidential).
- “Comparative Economic Analysis of the LARC-5, LARC-15, and the BARC and a Group of Transport Vehicles (Conceptual) Utilizing the Principles of Hydroplane, Hydrofoil, and Ground Effect in Ship-to-Shore Cargo Movement.” U.S. Army Transportation Research Command TCREC Technical Report 62–4, (January, 1962) (unclassified).
- “Standard Method of Estimating Comparative Direct Operating Costs of Transport Airplanes.” Air Transportation Association of America, (June, 1960) (unclassified).
- “Analysis of Means for Moving Logistic Cargo from Ship to Shore.” Johns Hopkins Univ., Operations Research Office, Technical Memorandum ORO-T-361 (November, 1957) (unclassified).
- “Report of Evaluation, Nodwell Carrier RN 110, Phase I: Subartic Evaluation.” U.S. Army Transportation Board, TCB-61-047-EV, (November, 1961) (unclassified).
- “Report of Environmental Operation, Swamp Fox 1.” U. S. Army Transportation Board, TCB-61-051-ED, (July, 1962) (unclassified).
- “Summer Mobility Test.” U.S. Army, Alaska (July–September, 1961) (unclassified).
- “Report of Evaluation Nodwell Carrier RN 110, Phase H: Desert Evaluation.” U.S. Army Transportation Board, TCB-61-047-EV (January, 1962) (unclassified).
- “Compilation of Papers Presented to the U.S. Army Panel on Environmental Research, 25th Quarterly Meeting.” U.S. Army Transportation Board and Transportation Research Command, (October, 1961) (unclassified).
- “Ambulance Tracked Crash Rescue Vehicle Evaluation Trials, Phase III.” Royal Canadian Air Force Central Experimental and Proving Establishment, (September, 1961) (unclassified).
- “Operational Definitions of Mechanical Mobility of Motor Vehicles.” U.S. Army Ordnance Corps, Land Locomotion Research Branch, Research and Development Div. Report No. 40 (June, 1958) (unclassified).
- “Staff Officers Field Manual Organization, Technical and Logistic Data, Part I.” Department of the Army FM 101–10, (June, 1958) (unclassified).
- U.S. Army Transportation Combat Development Group TCCD Study Project 500-5-57 Report (July, 1958) (unclassified).
- U. S. Army Transportation Combat Development Group TCCD Study Project 500-5-57 Report (July, 1958) (unclassified).