This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Adaptation of Army Engine Inspection Techniques by Computer for Aircraft Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1964 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the design concept resulting from adapting techniques currently in use to diagnose combat vehicles to Army aircraft test and diagnosis. A brief description of the Automatic Checkout System for Combat Vehicles (ACS C/V) is presented and contrasted to the aircraft system. Maximum use was made of instrumentation and measurement techniques developed in the earlier ACS C/V system. Details of Aircraft Multipurpose Test Inspection and Diagnostic Equipment (AMTIDE) are given. Emphasis has been placed on instrumentation and test techniques. The highly mobile AMTIDE is described in its present breadboard stage and in its employment as a tactical air field maintenance tool.
CitationBrachman, R., Dobson, C., and Staton, G., "Adaptation of Army Engine Inspection Techniques by Computer for Aircraft Applications," SAE Technical Paper 640209, 1964, https://doi.org/10.4271/640209.
- Chalfin, A. Schneider, M. Witanek, S. and Brachman, R. J. “Missile Checkout Project” - Piece-Part Fault Isolation Using a Computer Controlled Automatic Checkout System, (M60-5-1) October 1959 - FA.
- Dobson, C. “Automatic Checkout System for Combat Vehicles - Phase I Report.” (M60-2-1), Aug. 15, 1959, FA.
- “Automatic Checkout System for Combat Vehicles,” Notes on Development Type Materiel, FCDD 399 Vol I, September 1963.
- Combat Developments Study ORDCCD 61-2 “Applications of Multipurpose Automatic Inspection and Diagnostic System to the Army Maintenance System,” Final Report, Part I, September 1962.
- “Gun Direction Computer, M18,” Notes on Development Type Materiel, FCDD 361 June 1961, Also TM.
- “Magnetic Tape Memory System,” Final Engineering Report, Librascope Div, Beneral Precision, Inc. August 1963.
- Input-Output Buffer System FCED, May 1963.
- “Muzzle Velocity Chronograph, M36,” Notes on Development Type Materiel, FCDD 309, October 1957.
- First Quarterly Technical Report - Multisystem Test Equipment Program - Frankford Arsenal Tasks (M63-1-1) August 1962, FA.
- Second Quarterly Technical Report M63-11-2, October 1962, FA.
- Staton, G. Chalfin, A. and Brachman, R. J. “Automatic Inspection and Diagnostic System for Automotive Equipment,” SAE Transactions 1963.
- Brachman, R. J. Dobson, C. and Chalfin, A. “Status Report” M60-2-2, December 1960, FA.
- Taylor J. and Shay P. “Test Verification Task - Phase I Test Engine No. 1” (T-64-4-1) February 1964, FA.
- TRECOM Technical Report 63-10, “Automatic Light Aircraft Readiness Monitor,” January 1963.
- TM 1-2J-T-53-6 “Gas Turbine Engines, Model T53-L-1, -1A, -1B,” February 1961.
- TM 55-1520-207-20 “Army Model HU-1A Helicopters,” March 1961.
- TM 11-1520-207-35 “Signal Electronic Equipment Configuration, Army Model HU-1A Helicopters,” October 1961.