This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Maneuverability of Trailer Trains
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1963 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper is concerned with an adjustable scale model capable of tracing maneuverability patterns of trailer trains. The transient kinematic paths of a multiple unit carrier of train configuration consisting of ten cargo units provided with conventional two wheel steering, conventional four wheel steering, and modified four wheel steering with a steering ratio and delayed steering action are investigated and discussed.
CitationJindra, F., "Maneuverability of Trailer Trains," SAE Technical Paper 630491, 1963, https://doi.org/10.4271/630491.
- BekkerM. G., “Theory of Land Locomotion. ” Ann Arbor: The University of Michigan Press, 1956, 101-102.
- BekkerM. G., “Off-the-Road Locomotion. ” Ann Arbor: The University of Michigan Press, 1960, 13-24.
- BekkerM. G., “Mechanics of Off-the-Road Locomotion,” The Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Auto mobile Division, James Clayton Lecture, London, November, 1962, 22.
- LoriaG., “Spezielle algebraische und transzendente ebene Kurven,” 2nd Edition, Volume 2, Leipzig, 1911, 188-203.
- SchaarW., “Das Spuren der Anhangefahrzeuge”, Automobiltechnische Zeitschrift, Volume 41, December, 1938, 599-605.
- JindraF., “Off-Tracking of Tractor-Trailer Combinations,” Automobile Engineer, Volume 53, March, 1963, 96-101.
- JindraF., “Tracking Mechanisms and Couplings for a Combat Support Train Concept.” Phase II A, Off-Tracking of Trailer Trains, TCREC Technical Report 62-12, TRECOM, Fort Eustis, Virginia, March, 1962, 68.
- JindraF., “Scale Model Investigation of Off-Tracking of Trailer Trains,” Paper presented at SAE National Transportation Meeting, October, 1962, 10.
- KofoedS. Sonne, “Styretoejets Konstruction og Styregeometrien ved Landbrugsvogne,” Inginioervidenskabelige Skrifter, 1951, No. 3.
- FondaA. G., “Lateral Dynamics of Trailers,” Master’s Thesis, Cornell University, 1954.
- JindraF., “Tracking Mechanisms and Couplings for a Combat Support Train Concept.” Phase IIA, Off-Tracking of Trailer Trains, TCREC Technical Report 62-12, TRECOM, Fort Eustis, Virginia, March, 1962, 15-16 and 55-56.