This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Variables Affecting Carburetor Icing in Controlled Laboratory Tests
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1963 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The introduction of more volatile gasolines to provide good cold-starting and warm-up characteristics brought with it the introduction of problems not previously encountered.
This paper deals with the effect of such variables as fuel volatility, air temperature, and humidity, which were studied under carefully controlled conditions. All tests were conducted in the laboratory, since only in this way could precise control of temperature and humidity be accomplished.
|Technical Paper||GASOLINES, CARS AND CARBURETOR ICING|
|Technical Paper||Characteristics of Icing Phenomenon on Injector in a Liquid Phase LPG Injection SI Engine|
CitationDunton, G., Scheule, H., and Rogers, J., "Variables Affecting Carburetor Icing in Controlled Laboratory Tests," SAE Technical Paper 630488, 1963, https://doi.org/10.4271/630488.
- Kunc J. F. Jr Haworth J. P. Hickok J. E. “A New Look At Motor Gasoline Quality - Carburetor Icing Tendency.” Paper presented at SAE Annual Meeting, Detroit, Jan. 8-17 1951
- Dugan W. P. Toulmin H. A. “Carburetor Icing Tendencies of Some Present Day Fuels and Engines.” SAE Transactions 63 1953 442
- Steinke R. E. Sigworth H. W. “Deicers Prove Effective In Field Tests.” Paper presented at SAE International West Coast Meeting, Vancouver, B.C., Aug. 10-13 1959
- Freeman, J. H. Jr., “A Test Method For Rating The Throttle Icing Tendencies of Gasolines.” Paper presented at SAE National Fuels and Lubricants Meeting, Tulsa, Okla., Nov. 2-4 1960
- Barnard V. D. P. Scott E. H. “Carburetor Icing Control - Weather or Stall.” Paper presented at SAE Annual Meeting, Detroit, Jan. 12-16 1959
- “Road Octane Ratings of Motor Gasolines,” Winter 1960-1961. E. I. duPont de Nemours & Co. (Inc.).
- Scheule H. J. Burt J. G. “New Tests on Carburetor Icing,” Petroleum Refiner 39 November 1960