This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Air Pumping System for a Laminar Flow Control Aircraft
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1963 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes the design and operation of the pumping system used to remove boundary layer air from the wing surfaces of the X-21A Laminar Flow Control airplanes. Included are comments on pumping system requirements and design characteristics for future applications. Part 1 includes a discussion of the initial problem statement, system selection, and system operation. Part 2 covers the pumping design and development.
CitationCollins, W., Monahan, W., Getz, D., and Wallace, F., "Air Pumping System for a Laminar Flow Control Aircraft," SAE Technical Paper 630408, 1963, https://doi.org/10.4271/630408.
- Gasich Welko E. “Application of Laminar Flow Control to Transport Aircraft.” Aerospace Engineering October 1961
- Connors J. W. Pfenninger W. Smith C. B. “Propulsion Systems for Laminar Flow Aircraft.” I.A.S. Paper No. 61-52
- Sandercock Donald M. Kovach Karl Lieblein Seymour “Experimental Investigation of a Five-Stage Axial-Flow Research Compressor with Transonic Rotors in All Stages. I-Compressor Design,” NACA RM E54F24 1954
- Kovach Karl Sandercock Donald M. “Experimental Investigation of a Five-Stage Axial-Flow Research Compressor with Transonic Rotors in All Stages. II-Compressor Overall Performance,” NACA RM E54G01 1954
- Sandercock Donald M Kovach Karl “Experimental Investigation of a Five-Stage Axial-Flow Research Compressor with Transonic Rotors in All Stages. III-Interstage Data and Individual Stage Performance Characteristics,” NACA RM E56G24 1956
- Bullock R. O. “Critical Highlights in the Development of the Transonic Compressor,” ASME Paper 60-WA-290
- Lieblein S. Johnsen I. A. “Resumé of Transonic-Compressor Research at NACA Lewis Laboratory,” ASME Paper No. 60-WA-97