This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Gas Turbine Engine Analog Simulation for Acceleration Sensing Fuel Control Studies
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1963 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The study of an acceleration sensing fuel control system for gas turbine engines using a small analog computer is presented. The transfer function technique is utilized in simulating the system which permitted a study of the system performance using a minimum of computer components. An actual engine was run using an electrical analog of the control developed on the computer. A system stability map (plot of maximum stable proportional gain versus maximum stable integral gain) is presented comparing calculated, computer, and actual engine results. The advantages of using the analog computer for control system analysis are illustrated.
CitationFerre, G. and Lenkaitis, D., "Gas Turbine Engine Analog Simulation for Acceleration Sensing Fuel Control Studies," SAE Technical Paper 630287, 1963, https://doi.org/10.4271/630287.
- Stiglic Paul M., Heppler Herbert, and Novik David, “Experimental and Analytical Investigation of an Acceleration Regulating Control for a Turbojet Engine,” NACA Research Memorandum RM E56CO7, June 28, 1956.
- Carras A. N., “A Literal Acceleration Limiting Fuel Control for Gas Turbine Engine,” SAE paper 398B, Heavy Duty Vehicle Meeting, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, September 11–14, 1961.
- King W. J. and Rideout V. C., “Improved Transport Delay Circuits for Analog computer Use,” paper presented at the Third International Meeting of the Analog Computation Association, Opatija, Yugoslavia, September 5, 1961.
- Smith George W. and Wood Roger C., “Principles of Analog Computation,” McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc., New York, 1959.
- Fifer, Stanley Ph.D., “Analog Computation,” McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc., New York, 1961.
- Thaler George J. and Brown Robert G., “Analysis and Design of Feedback Control Systems,” McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc., New York, 1960.