This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Compression Temperatures in Diesel Engines Under Starting Conditions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1962 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
CitationMeyer, W. and DeCarolis, J., "Compression Temperatures in Diesel Engines Under Starting Conditions," SAE Technical Paper 620521, 1962, https://doi.org/10.4271/620521.
- DeCarolis J. J., Meyer W. E., Espenschade P. W., “Priming Aids for Cold Starting Diesel Engines,” SAE Transactions, Vol. 67 (1959), 351-362.
- Maynard H. Hunt, “Design and Use of Fine Wire Thermocouples For Research.” U.S. Naval Ordnance Test Station Report, Navord Report 5828, China Lake, Calif., September 1959.
- Aftalion S., “The Determination of Rapidly Changing Exhaust-Gas Temperatures in Internal Combustion Engines.” Sulzer Technical Review, Vol. 40, No. 2 (1958), 67-74.
- McAdams W. H., “Heat Transmission,” 3rd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1954.
- Baeumler H., “Waermevorgaenge im Zylinder eines Dieselmotors beim Anlassen,” (Thermal Processes in the Cylinder of a Diesel Engine During Starting), MTZ (Germany), Vol. 18 (1957), 61-64.
- Meyer W. E., DeCarolisJ. J., and Espenschade P. W., “The Starting of Diesel Engines at Very Low Temperatures.” Proceedings of International Congress of Combustion Engines, 1959 Conference, 595-634.
- Tizard H. J., and Pye D. R., “Experiments on the Ignition of Gases by Sudden Compression,” Philosophical Magazine, Vol. 44 (1922), 79-121.
- AustenA. E. W., Lyn W. T., “Some Investigations on Cold-Starting Phenomena in Diesel Engines,” Proceedings of the Automobile Div., Institution of Mechanical Engineers, No. 5, 1959, 60 pp.111-123, 137-154.
- Mertz W. S., “Gas Film Coefficient in a Diesel Engine Cylinder During Compression.” M.S. Thesis, The Pennsylvania State University, June 1960.