This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
THE MECHANISM OF TIRE THUMP AND ROUGHNESS
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1961 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
|Technical Paper||FORCES AND TORQUES ASSOCIATED WITH ROUGHNESS IN TIRES|
|Technical Paper||THE EFFECT OF LOADED RADIAL RUNOUT ON TIRE ROUGHNESS AND SHAKE|
|Technical Paper||Tire Roughness - Which Tire Nonuniformities Are Responsible|
CitationRADT, H., "THE MECHANISM OF TIRE THUMP AND ROUGHNESS," SAE Technical Paper 610543, 1961, https://doi.org/10.4271/610543.
- Apps David C. and Vanator George M., “Tire Thump: Its Mechanism and Measurement.” SAE Transactions, Vol. 63 (1955).
- “A Study of the Tire ‘Thump’ Problem,” Armour Research Foundation of Illinois Institute of Technology, Project No. A-573. Technical Report No. 1, “Transmission of Tire ‘Thump’ in an Automobile” (April 15, 1955). Technical Report No. 2, Final Report (May 10, 1955).
- “The Cause and Elimination of Tire ‘Thump’,” Armour Research Foundation of Illinois Institute of Technology. Project No. A-626 Progress Report No. 1 (November 1, 1955). Technical Report No. 1 (August 2, 1956).
- “Investigation of Automotive Tire Thump,” Battelle Memorial Institute. a) First Progress Report July 2, 1954 b) Second Progress Report September 30, 1954 c) Third Progress Report November 15, 1954 d) Fourth Progress Report June 6, 1955 e) Fifth Progress Report July 1, 1955 f) Sixth Progress Report August 31, 1955 g) Seventh Progress Report November 30, 1955 h) Eighth Progress Report May 31, 1956 i) Summary Report September 20, 1957.
- Stevens Stanley Smith and Davis Hallowell, “Hearing, Its Psychology and Physiology.” New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Sanders, G. J. “An Investigation of the Control of Tire Thump by Tire Shape.” Paper presented at SAE National Passenger Car, Body and Materials Meeting, Detroit, March, 1958.