This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Measurement of Total Radiant Energy from Jet Combustor Flames
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 01, 1961 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
CitationSchirmer, R., "Measurement of Total Radiant Energy from Jet Combustor Flames," SAE Technical Paper 610264, 1961, https://doi.org/10.4271/610264.
- Lewis Research Center Staff, “Factors that Effect Operational Reliability of Turbojet Egnines.” NASA TR-R-54 (1960).
- Schirmer R. M., McReynolds L. A., and Daley J. A., “Radiation from Flames in Gas Turbine Combustors.” SAE Transactions 68, 554-561. (1960).
- Droegemuller E. A. and Nelson R. K., “Relation of Fuels to Aircraft Turbine Engines.” Paper presented at SAE National Aeronautic Meeting, New York, (1958).
- Lefebvre A. H. and Durrant T., “Design Characteristics Affecting Gas Turbine Combustion Performance.” Paper presented at SAE National Aeronautic Meeting, Los Angeles, (1960)
- Kittredge G. D., Gwinn S. H., and Streets W.L., “Gas Turbine and Jet Engine Fuels.” Summary Report for U. S. Navy Contract NOas 52-132c. Phillips Petroleum Co., Research Division Report 1899-57R, (1957).
- Kittredge G. D., “Gas Turbine and Jet Engine Fuels.” Summary Report for U. S. Navy Contract NOas 58-310-d. Phillips Petroleum Co., Research Division Report 2182-58R, (1958).
- Kittredge G. D. and Streets W. L., “Gas Turbine and Jet Engine Fuels.” Summary Report for U. S. Navy Contract NOas 60-6009-c. Phillips Petroleum Co., Research Division Report 2760-60R, (1960).
- Gaydon A. G. and Wolfhard H. G., “Flames, their Structure, Radiation and Temperature.” London: Chapman and Hall, Ltd. (1953).
- Miller E.C., Blake A.E., Schirmer R.M., Kittredge G.D., and From E. H., “Radiation from Laboratory Scale Jet Combustor Flames.” Special Report for U. S. Navy Contract NOas 52-132c. Phillips Petroleum Co., Research Divsion Report 1526-56R, (1956). Condensation of this report was presented at American Chemical Society Meeting, Urbana, (1958). Schirmer R.M. and Miller E.C., “Radiation from Jet Combustor Flames.”
- Lewis B. and von Elbe G., “Combustion Flames and Explosion of Gases.” New York: Academic Press, (1951)
- Radiation Slide Rule, designated GEN-15A. Printed on varnished card stock and satisfactory for order-of-magnitude calculations. Obtainable postpaid at $1.00 from General Electric Co., 1 River Road, Schenectady, N.Y.
- Bell E. E., Burnside P.B., Cermak W. C., Dam C.F., and Ryan J. F., “Study of Infrared Emission from Flames.” Final Report for Air Force Contract AF 30(602)-1047, Ohio State University Research Foundation, (1955).
- Hornbeck G. A. and Olsen L. O., “Emission and Absorption of Studies of Jet Engine Hydrocarbon Products.” WADC Technical Report 57-516, (1958).
- Lyn W. T., “Diesel Combustion Study by Infra-Red Emission Spectroscopy.” Journal of Institute of Petroleum, 43, 25-46, (1957).
- Weeks D.J. and Saunders O.A., “Some Studies of Radiating Flames in a Small Gas Turbine Type Combustion Chamber.” Journal of Institute of Fuel, 31, 247-258, (1958).
- Streets W. L., “Characteristics of Flame Radiation of High Temperature Hydrocarbon Fuels.” Summary Report for USAF Contract No. AF 33(616)-5543, Project No. 3048, Task No. 30195. Phillips Petroleum Co., Research Report 2307-59R, (1959).
- Thring M.W., “Science of Flames and Furnaces.” New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc., (1952).
- Gaydon A.G., “Spectroscopy of Flames.” New York: John Wiley and Sons, Inc., (1957).
- Bachman K. C., “Relation of Luminometer Number to Molecular Structure.” Symposium on Jet Fuels, American Chemical Society, 5, No. 4-C, New York, (1960).
- Dike P. H., “Temperature Measurements with Rayotubes.” Tech. Pub. EN-33B(1), Leeds and Northrup Co., Philadelphia, Pa. (1953).