This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
SAE Truck & Off-Highway Engineering: June 2021
- Magazine Issue
Published June 01, 2021 by SAE International in United States
- No shortage of challenges
Supply chain struggles join perennial challenges for Cummins' off-highway business, namely meeting shifting global emissions standards and satisfying emerging technology trends.
- Batteries not the only route to EV
Allison CTO stresses efficiency and safety of propulsion units also are critical to reducing cost, improving performance and ultimately winning over customers.
- Batteries go underground
A Saft expert evaluates various Li-ion chemistries and strategies - battery swapping vs. fast charging - for electric mining vehicles.
- Platooning: an evolving pathway to full
Human-guided convoys can provide real-world benefits sooner than individual driverless trucks, but safety and operational issues still need to be resolved to optimize platoon configurations.
- Supplier Directory
Complete listing of industry suppliers categorized by technology area.
Mega push for heavy-duty EV charging
- Connectivity, AVs and new work patterns top-of-mind for engineering leaders
- Commercial vehicle sensors pose unique challenges
- Controls, connectivity Case's focus for G Series loader updates
Electrify America's Wayne Killen discusses growing DC fast-charging network
- Annual Product Guide