This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Brake Control Allocation Employing Vehicle Motion Feedback for Four-Wheel-Independent-Drive Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 05, 2023 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper uses the brake control allocation method for Electric Vehicles (EVs) based on system-level vehicle Reference Point (RP) motion feedback. The RP motion control is an alternative to the standard brake torque allocation methods and results in improved vehicle stability in both longitudinal and lateral directions without requiring additional measurements beyond what is available in EVs with ABS and ESP. The proposed control law simplifies the brake torque allocation algorithm, reduces overall development time and effort, and merges most of the braking systems into one. Additionally, the measured or estimated signals required are reduced compared to the standard approach. The system-level RP measurements and references are transformed into individual wheel coordinate systems, where tracking is ensured by actuating both friction torques and electric motor regenerative torques using a proposed brake torque blending mechanism. The whole control system is validated in simulations using the Simulink vehicle dynamic simulator and IPG Carmaker high-fidelity simulator, utilizing the CTU FEE EFORCE formula model. Finally, a brake HiL stand validation is presented.
CitationVošahlík, D., Veselý, T., Hanis, T., and Pekar, J., "Brake Control Allocation Employing Vehicle Motion Feedback for Four-Wheel-Independent-Drive Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2023-01-1866, 2023, https://doi.org/10.4271/2023-01-1866.
- Wang , Z. , Zheng , H. , Zong , C. , and Kaku , C. Research on Control Strategy of Hierarchical Architecture Based on Drive-by-Wire Chassis SAE Technical Paper 2023-01-0819 2023
- Ni , J. , Hu , J. , and Xiang , C. A Review for Design and Dynamics Control of Unmanned Ground Vehicle Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 235 4 2021 1084 1100
- Song , P. , Zong , C.F. , Zheng , H.Y. , and He , L. Rapid Prototyping for the Vehicle Control Unit of a Full Drive-by-Wire Electric Vehicle Advanced Materials Research 694-697 1573 1581
- Vošahlík , D. and Haniš , T. Traction Control Allocation Employing Vehicle Motion Feedback Controller for Four-Wheel-Independent-Drive Vehicle IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 2023 1 10
- Guo , J. , Luo , Y. , and Li , K. An Adaptive Hierarchical Trajectory Following Control Approach of Autonomous Four-Wheel Independent Drive Electric Vehicles IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems 19 8 2018 2482 2492
- Maeda , K. , Fujimoto , H. , and Hori , Y. Four-Wheel Driving-Force Distribution Method for Instantaneous or Split Slippery Roads for Electric Vehicle with In-Wheel Motors International Workshop on Advanced Motion Control, AMC 2012
- de Castro , R. , Araújo , R.E. , Tanelli , M. , Savaresi , S.M. et al. Torque Blending and Wheel Slip Control in EVs with In-Wheel Motors Vehicle System Dynamics 50 sup1 2012 71 94
- Schramm , D. , Hiller , M. , and Bardini , R. Vehicle Dynamics Berlin, Heidelberg Springer 2014
- Cibulka , V. 2019
- Smart Driving Solutions Research Center 2022 https://github.com/SDS-RC-FEE-CTU-in-Prague/TwinTrack
- Riese , C. and Gauterin , F. Evaluation of a State of the Art Hydraulic Brake System with Regard to Future Requirements SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 9 3 2016 1172 1183 https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1927
- Islam , M.Z. , Singh , A. , Arvanitis , A. , Younkins , M. et al. Efficiency Improvement of Electric Motor Drives Using Dynamic Motor Drive Technology SAE Technical Paper 2022-01-0721 2022 https://doi.org/10.4271/2022-01-0721
- Pacejka , H. Tire and Vehicle Dynamics Oxford Elsevier LTD 2012
- Adams/Tire https://docplayer.net/54206752-Using-the-pac2002tire-model.html
- Efremov , D. , Hanis , T. , and Hromcik , M. Introduction of Driving Envelope and Full-Time-Full-Authority Control for Vehicle Stabilization Systems 2019 22nd International Conference on Process Control (PC19) 2019 173 178
- Smart Driving Solutions Research Center 2022 https://github.com/SDS-RC-FEE-CTU-in-Prague/FormulaCarMaker
- Veselý , T. 2022