This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The usage of connected vehicle data combined with data analytics methods on the quality impacting factors mapping for engine and transmission mounts
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 10, 2023 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE BRASIL 2022 Congress
With the improvement of connectivity technologies, and the increase of data exchange capacity and cloud technologies, the usage of connected vehicle data by automakers is growing fast, and it represents an exciting, multi-faceted and high-growth area in the data analytics development – enabling a myriad of new possibilities, by including but not limited to: predicting failures in parts, accelerating issue detection and resolution, improve design validation, calibration updates over the air, advanced navigation assistance, passenger entertainment. The aim of this work is to present the process, methodologies and tools adopted in the implementation of an unsupervised machine learning solution based on data collected from connected vehicles whose main objective will be support the analysis of usage severity of the engine and transmission mounts parts of the vehicle. Since there is no specific signal or parameter collected directly from mounts parts made available in databases, the method intended to collect relevant powertrain data from connected vehicles, clean and organize it and then use those data as input parameters in associations studies through principal component analysis and clusters identifications to unsupervised machine learning models. Those results can be used to define filters, generate KPIs indicators and relevant data visualizations through dashboards and graphs that can help the analysis of usage severity, maturation and aging of the mounts parts and also in failure mode analysis refinement, improvement actions with suppliers and provide valuable data to the quality and product development engineers.
CitationFerraz, F., Almeida, O., Sarracini Jr, F., Bisneto, P. et al., "The usage of connected vehicle data combined with data analytics methods on the quality impacting factors mapping for engine and transmission mounts," SAE Technical Paper 2022-36-0067, 2023, https://doi.org/10.4271/2022-36-0067.
- J. Weber Automotive Development Process – Process for Successful Customer Oriented Vehicle Development Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2009 978-3-642-01252-5
- Yevkin , A. , Krivtsov , V. A generalized model for recurrent failures prediction Reliability Engineering & System Safety 204 December 2020 107125
- A. Chehade , M. Savargaonkar , V. Krivtsov Conditional Gaussian mixture model for warranty claims forecasting Reliability Engineering & System Safety 2018 2022 108180
- L. Ning , N. Cheng , N. Zhang , X. Shen and J. W. Mark Connected Vehicles: Solutions and Challenges IEEE Internet of Things Journal 1 4 AUGUST 2014
- Amarnath Kannadhasan Self-Diagnostic Cars: Using Infotainment Electronic Control Unit SAE International, 2021-26-0027 2021
- M. Ramadan , M. Al-Khedher , and S. Al-Kheder Intelligent anti-theft and tracking system for automobiles Int. J. Mach. Learn. Comput. 2 1 88 92 Feb. 2012
- A. Theissler , J. P. Velázquez , M. Kettelgerdes , G. Elger Predictive maintenance enabled by machine learning: Use cases and challenges in the automotive industry Reliability Engineering and System Safety 215 2021 107864
- Powerplant Mount System Design Guide
- X. Zhu , X. Pan , Wen-Bin Shangguan A Fatigue Life Prediction Method of Rubber Material for Automobile Vibration Isolator under Road Load Spectrum SAE International. 2022-01-0253 2022
- W. Stahlberg Fatigue Life Prediction of Natural Rubber in Engine Mounts Master's thesis in Applied Mechanics. Department of Mechanics and Maritime Sciences Chalmers University of Technology Goteborg, Sweden 2018
- Renesh Bedre https://www.reneshbedre.com/blog/principal-component-analysis.html
- Minitab® 21 Support https://support.minitab.com/en-us/minitab/21/
- Imad Dabbura https://towardsdatascience.com/
- Pandey , Ankit & Malviya , Kuldepp 2018 Enhancing test case reduction by k-means algorithm and elbow method International Journal of Computer Sciences and Engineering. 6 299 303 10.26438/ijcse/v6i6.299303
- Shahapure , Ketan Rajshekhar , and Charles Nicholas Cluster quality analysis using silhouette score 2020 IEEE 7th International Conference on Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA) IEEE 2020