This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Comfort Backup Assist Function
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 05, 2022 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The US American government introduced a law to mandatorily equip passenger vehicles with rear view cameras. Furthermore, US NCAP presented a test for passenger vehicles to brake on pedestrians while back up. These two circumstances lead to main motivation of the development of the Comfort Backup Assist (CBUA). Nevertheless, more and more passenger cars in general are being equipped with rear view cameras. Rear view system (RVS) allows to deliver a rear-view camera system including a braking functionality which is intended to make the driving mission safer and reduce the number of accidents in parking driving situations. RVS also focus on vehicle safety by reducing accidents while taking reversing/parking scenarios and to provides slow de-acceleration of the vehicle gradually to avoid jerk and increase the ride comfort.
CitationBM, R., "Comfort Backup Assist Function," SAE Technical Paper 2022-28-0395, 2022, https://doi.org/10.4271/2022-28-0395.
- zhaohui wu, senior member, IEEE, yanfei liu, and gang pan, member, IEEE”
- “Kazukuni Hamada*, Zhencheng Hu*, Mengyang Fan** and Hui Chen**”
- EyeDriver: Intelligent Driver Assistance System Prabas Gayadeepth, Tharindu Pushpitha Baddewithana, Kalpana Vijintha Pannegama, Chamari Sandarekha Samarakkody, Dr. Pradeepa Samarasinghe, Ms. Samanthi Siriwardana” Peradeniya Sri Lanka
- “takuma araki, yudai fukuta”
- “ Delton Martin, Pennsylvania State University-Berks, Dale Litwhiler, Pennsylvania State University-Berks ”
- jonghyup lee1 , seibum choi”