This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Telematics Smart Testing and Validation Tool
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 05, 2022 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Connected vehicles has lot of applications coming up which involves Vehicle to Vehicle(V2V), to Infrastructure(V2I) communication techniques and many are getting deployed through frugal connectivity and security solutions. However, executing multiple customer centric, OEM centric and productivity services and applications needs lot of rigorous validation and bulk deployments. This needs lot of time, man efforts, and cost. Also quality of data collected from thousands of vehicles at every few seconds /minutes is matter of concern. There is a desperate need of telematics validation tools which can be customized as per OEM ad-hoc architecture. The suggested telematics smart testing and validation tool involves easy, configurable, and seamless options to test software updates in multiple variable nodes in connected onboard system architecture like telematics ECUs, multiple ECUs (EMS, ACM, IC, and Gateway ECU). The accuracy of the validation is more than 98% considering high sampling frequency of CAN messages on J1939 CAN bus. The system covers overall aspects and gives option to print direct reports to get the insights of the validation software which is under test. This tool does not need any human intervention once installed inside the vehicle and thereby reducing time and man efforts. The data from the telematics device and parallel CAN trans-receiver and connected module is compared and acceptable deviation is configured for quick checks and reports. FTP server is required for data ingress from telematics and ECUs. Tool uses low cost hardware and server to manage data. This tool has potential to have good data quality from vehicles.
CitationJAGTAP, P., Mahali, R., and Hiwase, S., "Telematics Smart Testing and Validation Tool," SAE Technical Paper 2022-28-0092, 2022, https://doi.org/10.4271/2022-28-0092.
- Mueller , C. , Daily , J. , and Papa , M. Assessing the Accuracy of Vehicle Event Data Based on CAN Messages SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1000 2012 https://doi.org/10.4271/2012-01-1000
- Vishwanath , A. , Nagelli , S.S. , Prabhu , E. , and Tamilarasan , N. Low-Cost Data Logging and Telemetry System for All-Terrain Vehicle Performance Analysis 2020 Second International Conference on Inventive Research in Computing Applications (ICIRCA) 2020 321 325 10.1109/ICIRCA48905.2020.9182822
- Rajesh , K. 2021 https://www.telematicswire.net/validation-of-connected-vehicle-solutions/
- Gupta , A. 2021 https://www.telematicswire.net/trends-in-automotive-software-verification-and-validation/
- 2022 https://www.electronicshub.org/arduino-mcp2515-can-bus-tutorial/#:~:text=MCP2515%20IC%20is%20the%20main,by%20interfacing%20all%20the%20blocks
- Barreto , S. , Ferraz , J. , and Martins , E. Automated System for Verification and Validation of End-of-Line Tests SAE Technical Paper 2017-36-0228 2017 https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-36-0228
- Shin , K. , Kim , S. , Park , S. , and Lim , D. Automated Test Case Generation for Automotive Embedded Software Testing Using XMI-Based UML Model Transformations SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0315 2014 https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0315
- Banerjee , A. , et al. Motorsport Data Acquisition System and Live Telemetry using FPGA based CAN controller Journal of Physics: Conference Series 2161 012041 2022
- Vijayan , A. and Babu , S. An Efficient Data Acquisition System for Launch Vehicle Telemetry International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) 4 7 2015 1693 1698
- Jawad , B. and Nagy , K. Remote Data Acquisition Using Audio, Video and Data Transmission SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2467 2001 https://doi.org/10.4271/2001-01-2467
- 2022 https://www.hackster.io/youness/how-to-connect-raspberry-pi-to-can-bus-b60235
- 2022 https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=141052