This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Thermal and Loss Analysis of DAB Converter for Electric Vehicle Application
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 05, 2022 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Electric vehicles are emerging as the catalysts in automobile sales since last decade. The main reasons in electric vehicles becoming so popular is, the environmental and economic standards of Europe and American automobile standards (SAE) are better met by electric vehicles compared to conventional automobiles. In making these electric vehicles more cost effective and fuel efficient, the power electronics of the vehicle plays a pivotal role. Development of High-power drives electronics is a novel and challenging area of research in making electric vehicle most suitable for high power drives. In order to identify the concept and design feasibility, a research study is made on Boost converter, multi-phase boost converter and dual active bridge (DAB) converters. The converters are tested for 500kW ratings, comparing power loss calculations along with thermal analysis. Evaluation of the converters is simulated in PLECS environment and presented along with mathematical calculations.
CitationB, C. and Shaik, A., "Thermal and Loss Analysis of DAB Converter for Electric Vehicle Application," SAE Technical Paper 2022-28-0037, 2022.
- Ciccarelli , F. , Noia , L.P.D. , Hamasaki , S. , and Rizzo , R. Thermal Analysis of DAB Converter Core used in Hybrid Page 6 of 6 10/19/2016 Aircraft Propulsion System 2019 International Conference on Clean Electrical Power (ICCEP) 2019 705 709 10.1109/ICCEP.2019.8890151
- Raveendran , V. , Andresen , M. , Buticchi , G. , and Liserre , M. Thermal Stress Based Power Routing of Smart Transformer With CHB and DAB Converters IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 35 4 2020 4205 4215 10.1109/TPEL.2019.2935249
- Lin , F. , Zhang , X. , Li , X. , Sun , C. et al. Automatic Triple Phase-Shift Modulation for DAB Converter With Minimized Power Loss IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications 58 3 2022 3840 3851 10.1109/TIA.2021.3136501
- Zumel , P. et al. Modular Dual-Active Bridge Converter Architecture IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications 52 3 2016 2444 2455 10.1109/TIA.2016.2527723
- Haque , M.M. , Wolfs , P. , Alahakoon , S. , Sturmberg , B.C.P. et al. DAB Converter With Q Capability for BESS/EV Applications to Allow V2H/V2G Services IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications 58 1 2022 468 480 10.1109/TIA.2021.3123139
- Mathew , A. , Prasad , U.R. , Madhu , G.M. , Naik , N. et al. Performance Analysis of a Dual Active Bridge Converter in EV Charging Applications 2022 International Conference for Advancement in Technology (ICONAT) 2022 1 6 10.1109/ICONAT53423.2022.9725886