This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Slope Starting Control of Off-Road Vehicle with 32-Speed Binary Logic Automatic Transmission
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 03, 2022 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Automotive Technical Papers
Taking an off-road vehicle equipped with 32-speed binary logic automatic transmission (AT) as the research object, the slope starting control research is carried out. The slope starting process is divided into the overcoming resistance stage, the sliding friction stage, and the synchronization stage. The control strategies for each stage are designed respectively. Focusing on the control of the sliding friction stage, the equivalent two-speed model of the starting clutch is established, which realizes the calculation of the speed difference and the slip rate between the driving and driven ends of the starting clutch. Furthermore, the slope starting control strategy based on the proportional-integral-derivative (PID) control of the clutch slip rate is designed. Through the simulation tests of the vehicle starting at different slopes, the correctness of the slope starting control strategy has been verified by MATLAB/Simulink. The strategy proposed in this paper shortens the slope starting time and reduces the starting jerk and the sliding power of the off-road vehicle, which is of great significance to the research on the slope starting control of the multi-gear AT with a small gear ratio.
CitationWang, Y., Liang, W., Yang, L., and Zeng, X., "Slope Starting Control of Off-Road Vehicle with 32-Speed Binary Logic Automatic Transmission," SAE Technical Paper 2022-01-5001, 2022, https://doi.org/10.4271/2022-01-5001.
- Fu , Y. , Gao , H. , Li , S. , Zhang , H. et al. Analysis Study on Effect of Transmission Gears on Engine Operating Condition Tractor and Farm Transporter 41 5 2014 43 46
- Zhang , Y. and Lu , K. Development Direction of Automobile Automatic Transmission Technology Science & Technology Information 3 2013 478 493
- Chen , X.B. , Hang , P. , Wang , W. et al. Design and Analysis of a Novel Wheel Type Continuously Variable Transmission Mechanism and Machine Theory 107 2017 13 26
- Li , Q.T. , Li , H. , Yu , D.P. et al. A Novel Continuously Variable Transmission with Logarithmic Disc Generatrix Mechanism and Machine Theory 93 2015 147 162
- Ferguson , R.J. and Morrison , J.R.G. The Efficiency of the 64-Ratio KerTrain Transmission SAE Transactions 861287 1986 61 68
- Zhang , Y. , Gui , X. , Niu , S. , and Niu , S. Design of Transmission Scheme Based on Inside-Engaged Meshing Planetary Gear Hoisting and Conveying Machinery 10 2017 88 90
- Morrison , G. , Ferguson , J.R. et al. Control of Shift Disturbances in the 64-Ratio KerTrain Transmission SAE Transactions 861288 1986 1 7
- Balaji , B. Sensor-less Hill-Assist Using Traction Control in Electric LCV Proceedings of 2015 IEEE International Transportation Electrification Conference Chennai, India 2015
- Lu , J. , Liu , H.O. , Peng , J.X. et al. Research on Hill-Start Control Strategy for Military Heavy-Duty Wheeled Vehicles with AMT Acta Armamentarii 34 8 2013 929 934
- Chen , H.J. , Zhao , Z.G. , Wang , Q. et al. Dry Dual Clutch Transmission’ Optimal and Coordinating Launching Control with Two Clutches Based on the Minimum Principle Journal of Mechanical Engineering 50 22 2014 150 164
- Li , S. , Zhou , G. , Zhao , K. , and Yin , H. Research on Binary Logic Mechanical Integrated Transmission with High Efficiency Vehicle and Power Technology 03 2014 1 6
- Gao , Z. , Liu , P. , Du , M.G. , and Liu , Y. Research on Modeling and Acceleration Characteristics Simulation of a New 32-Speed Automatic Transmission Computer Simulation 37 04 2020 91 97
- Gao , Y. 2015
- Wei , Q. 2018