This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hierarchical Vehicle Stability Control Strategy Based on Unscented Kalman Filter Estimation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 29, 2022 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
High-speed vehicle is prone to instability under bad road conditions, causing many safety accidents such as tail-flicking and overturning. Stability control could assist vehicle to drive safely and stably by adjusting the additional yaw moment. However, most of the existing stability control strategies directly invoke the information of the sideslip angle of the centroid that is difficult to obtain on the vehicle, and carry out complex controller design, which deviates from the actual application.
In order to achieve a complete set of stability control architecture oriented to practical applications, this paper designs a hierarchical vehicle stability control strategy based on differential braking and state estimation technology. Firstly, two different model oriented to state estimation and controller design are built according to the vehicle dynamics; Secondly, the sideslip angle of the centroid is accurately estimated through the unscented Kalman filter algorithm; Subsequently, the sliding mode controller solves the appropriate additional yaw moment for vehicle stability control according to the desired vehicle motion control state and the estimated sideslip angle; Finally, a rule-based differential braking yaw moment distribution strategy is formulated according to the steering wheel angle, steering wheel speed, and additional yaw moment. Based on MATLAB/Simulink and vehicle dynamics simulation software CarSim, a joint simulation platform is built to test and verify the algorithm. The simulation results show that the designed controller has a high estimation accuracy for the sideslip angle, and reliably ensures the steering stability of the vehicle under a variety of extreme conditions.
- Jian Zhang - China FAW Group Co., Ltd.
- Hongwei Jiang - China FAW Group Co., Ltd.
- Linrun Li - China FAW Group Co., Ltd.
- Qiuzheng Liu - China FAW Group Co., Ltd.
- Yu Wang - China FAW Group Co., Ltd.
- Jinbo Liu - China FAW Group Co., Ltd.
- Yuan Gao - China FAW Group Co., Ltd.
- Zhicheng Chen - Jilin University of China
CitationZhang, J., Jiang, H., Li, L., Liu, Q. et al., "Hierarchical Vehicle Stability Control Strategy Based on Unscented Kalman Filter Estimation," SAE Technical Paper 2022-01-0294, 2022, https://doi.org/10.4271/2022-01-0294.
- Ding , S. , Lu , L. , and Wei , X. Sliding Mode Direct Yaw-Moment Control Design for In-Wheel Electric Vehicles IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 64 8 2017 6752 6762
- Wang , G. , Liu , Y. , and Li , S. New Integrated Vehicle Stability Control of Active Front Steering and Electronic Stability Control Considering Tire Force Reserve Capability IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 7 30 2021 2181 2195
- Zeng , Q. , Liu , Y. , and Liu , L. Adaptive Vehicle Stability Control of Half-Car Active Suspension Systems with Partial Performance Constraints IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems 51 3 2021 1704 1714
- Wang , C. , Heng , B. , and Zhao , W. Yaw and Lateral Stability Control for Four-Wheel-Independent Steering and Four-Wheel-Independent Driving Electric Vehicle Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 234 2 2020 409 422
- Chuang , S. and Lee , H. Vehicle Sideslip Estimation and Compensation for Banked Road International Journal of Automotive Technology 17 1 2016 63 69
- Bao , R. , Jia , M. , and Yu , H. Vehicle State and Parameter Estimation under Driving Situation Based on Extended Kalman Particle Filter Method Transactions of the Chinese Society for Agricultural Machinery 46 2 2015 301 306
- Miu , P. , Liu , G. , and Zhang , D. Sideslip Angle Estimated Based on NNLI for Electric Vehicles Information Technology 1 4 2016 117 120
- Xin , X. , Yang , X. , and Zhang , K. Estimation of Sideslip Angle Based on Extended Kalman Filter Agricultural Equipment & Vehicle Engineering 56 3 2018 60 67
- Li , W. , Deng , Z. , and Cao , X. Research of Vehicle Sideslip Angle Estimation and Stability Control Journal of Chongqing Jiaotong University 2019
- Subroto , R.K. and Wang , C. Four-Wheel Independent Drive Electric Vehicle Stability Control Using Novel Adaptive Sliding Mode Control IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications 56 5 2020 5995 6006
- Edoardo , S. , Federico , C. , and Vincenzo , D. Analysis of ABS/ESP Control Logics Using a HIL Test Bench SAE Technical Paper 2011
- Zhou , X. , Jia , Z. , and Zhang , L. Model Predictive Control for Path Tracking and Stability of Intelligent Vehicles Journal of Jinan University 2021
- Wang , S. and Zhang , X. Simulation of Vehicle Stability Control Based on Sideslip Angle Estimation Computer Simulation 39 3 2019 193 201
- Lao , D. , Wu , J. , and Yang , W. Research on Yaw Stability Control of Unmanned Vehicle Based on Integrated Electromechanical Brake Booster SAE Technical Paper 2020
- Zhang , Y. , Li , F. , and Ren , K. Yaw Stability Control for Distributed Drive Electric Vehicle Based on AFS and DYC Integrated Control Machine Tool & Hydraulics 48 12 2020 55 64