This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Virtual Simulation Method to Predict Farm Tractor Durability Load Cycles for Proving Ground Tests
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 22, 2021 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Agriculture machinery industries have always relied on conventional product development process such as laboratory tests, accelerated durability track tests and field tests. Now a days the competitive nature seen in industry concerns need to enhance product quality, time to market and development cost. Utilization of Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) methods not only provide solution but also could play key role in tractor development process.
The objective is to assess the performance of virtual simulation model of mid segment farm tractor using Multibody System Model (MBS) for predicting the durability loads on virtual proving ground test tracks. Multibody simulation software MSC ADAMS is used to develop a virtual tractor model. Durability test tracks and simulation is carried out as per company testing standards. Data measurement is done using Wheel Force Transducer (WFT) to study front and rear spindle forces and moments to evaluate the virtual model performance.
Spindle vertical, longitudinal forces show good correlation with test data. The developed method can be used to predict farm tractor durability load cycles during design phase of tractor development.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Mattetti , M. , Giovanni Molari , A. , and Guarnieri , V.A. Tractor Accelerated Test on Test Rig Journal of Agricultural Engineering XLIV s2 2013 e76
- Ferry , W.B. , Frise , P.R. , Andrews , G.T. , and Malik , M.A. Combining Virtual Simulation and Physical Vehicle Test Data to Optimize Durability Testing Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures 25 12 December 2002
- Previati , G. , Gobbi , M. , and Mastinu , G. Farm Tractor Models for Research and Development Purposes Vehicle System Dynamics 45 1 37 60 10.1080/00423110600833400
- Hammarberg , T. , Liukkula , M. , and Handroos , H. Simulation of the Forwarder Dynamics SAE International Off-Highway & Powerplant Congress & Exposition Indianapolis Indiana September 13-15
- Reddy , D.Y.M. and Padmanabhan , S.
- Bladh , K.
- Johannesson , P. and Speckert , M. Guide to Load Analysis for Durability in Vehicle Engineering John Wiley & Sons Publication
- Verma , V. , Saravanan , V. , Redkar , D. , Mahajan , A. et al. Agricultural Tractor Hydraulic Lift Arm Assembly Design for Durability and Correlation with Physical Test SAE Technical Paper 2016-28-0237 2016 https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-28-0237
- Subbaiyan , P. , Kumar , A. , Mayur , J. , Nizampatnam , B. et al. Method Development to Virtually Validate Farm Tractor Skid for Front End Loader Application SAE Technical Paper 2019-26-0080 2019 https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-26-0080
- Adams User Manual
- Halfpenny , A. and Pompetzki , M. Proving Ground Optimization and Damage Correlation with Customer Usage SAE Int. J. Mater. Manuf. 4 1 2011 620 631 https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-0484
- Liljedahl , John B. , Turnquist , Paul K. , Smith , David W. , and Hoki , Makoto Tractors and their Power Units 303 Fourth Edition Springer