This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research on Automatic Lane Change Path Planning Based on Improved Rapidly-Exploring Random Trees
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published December 15, 2021 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to solve the problem of automatic lane change in straight road environment, a Segment-orienting rapidly-exploring random trees algorithm (SO-RRT) is designed based on the idea of Fast-biasing RRT algorithm and piecewise design. Firstly, the local map is preprocessed, and then the control points are obtained by geometric analysis of the map according to the obstacle vehicle around the vehicle and the speed of the vehicle. On this basis, the Fast-bias RRT is carried out in segments, and the obtained path is optimized and fitted. After processing, the planned path is finally obtained, which ensures that the planned path meets the kinematic constraints of the vehicle and is as close as possible to the optimal solution. CarSim was used for vehicle and road modeling and co-simulation with Matlab / Simulink. The path planning was carried out in Simulink and the hybrid algorithm combining model predictive control algorithm and PID algorithm was used to realize path tracking. The simulation results show that the path planning and tracking can be well realized under the conditions of 60 km/h and 80 km/h, which verifies the effectiveness of the automatic lane change auxiliary system.
CitationHua, H. and chen, h., "Research on Automatic Lane Change Path Planning Based on Improved Rapidly-Exploring Random Trees," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-7018, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-7018.
- Zhuoping , Y. , Yimu , L. , and Lu , X. A Review of the Motion Planning Problem of Autonomous Vehicle Journal of Tongji University (Natural Science Edition) 08 2017 1150 1159 10.11908/j.issn.0253-374x.2017.08.008
- Kuffner , J.J. and LaValle , S.M. RRT-connect: An Efficient Approach to Single-Query Path Planning Proceedings 2000 ICRA. Millennium Conference. IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation. Symposia Proceedings (Cat. No.00CH37065) 2 995 1001 2000 10.1109/ROBOT.2000.844730
- Karaman , S. Sep. 2012
- Zhuoping , Y. , Ye , W. , Lu , X. , and Yihong , L. An Improved RRT-Based Motion Planning Algorithm for Autonomous Vehicle in Urban Environment Automotive Engineering 08 2018 10 17 10.19620/j.cnki. 1000-3703.20180524
- Gammell , J.D. , Srinivasa , S.S. , and Barfoot , T.D. Informed RRT* Optimal Sampling-Based Path Planning Focused Via Direct Sampling of an Admissible Ellipsoidal Heuristic 2014 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems 2997 3004 2014 10.1109/IROS.2014.6942976
- Min , Z. , Huiyan , C. , and Guangming , X. A Model Predictive Speed Tracking Control Approach for Autonomous Ground Vehicles Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 87 2017 138 152 10. 1016j.ymssp.2016.03.003
- Jianwei , G. , Yan , J. , and Wei , X. Model Predictive Control for Self-Driving Vehicles Beijing University of Technology Press April, 2014 978-7-5640-9084-5
- Xiaoyong , X. 2019
- Weisong , D.U. 2018
- Yumin , C. 2019
- LaValle , S.M. and Kuffner , J.J. Randomized Kinodynamic Planning The International Journal of Robotics Research 20 2001 378 10.1177/02783640122067453
- Oiulian , C. , Huanyu , J. , and Yijun , Z. Summary of Rapidly-Exploring Random Tree Algorithm in Robot Path Planning Computer Engineering and Applications 55 16 2019 10 17 10.3778/j.issn.1002-8331.1905-0061
- Fengcai , H. , Jin , C. , Zijian , H. , Lu , R. et al. Review of Path Planning for Mobile Robots Journal of Jilin University (Information Science Edition) 36 06 2018 639 647 10.19292j.cnki. jdxxp.2018.06.007
- Mingbo , D.U. May, 2016
- Elbanhawi , M. , Simic , M. , and Jazar. Reza N. Continuous Path Smoothing for Car-Like Robots Using B-Spline Curves Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems 2015 10.1007/s10846-014-0172-0
- Yunbing , Y. , Junfeng , X. , Xiaowei , X. , and Jianqing , Y. Research on Emergency Steering Collision Avoidance of Vehicle Based on Model Predictive Control Journal of Wuhan University of Science and Technology 44 03 2021 220 225 10.3969/j.issn.1674-3644.2021.03.009
- Xiaolin , S. , Nan , Z. , Zhengyu , H. , and Haotian , C. An Improved RRT Algorithm of Local Path Planning for Vehicle Collision Avoidance Journal of Hunan University (Natural Sciences) 44 04 2017 30 37 10.16339/j.cnki.hdxbzkb.2017.04.005