This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Unmanned Terminal Vehicle Positioning System Based on Roadside Single-Line Lidar
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 02, 2021 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Automotive Technical Papers
With the development of economic globalization, the speed of development of container terminals is also very rapid. Under the pressure brought by the surge in throughput, the unmanned and intelligent terminals will become the future development direction of terminals. As the cornerstone of the unmanned terminal, the positioning technology provides the most basic position information for system scheduling, path planning, real-time correction, and loading and unloading. Therefore, this paper is aimed to design a low-cost, high-precision, and easy-to-maintain unmanned dock positioning system in order to better solve the problem of unmanned dock positioning. The main research content of this paper is to design a positioning algorithm for unmanned terminal Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) based on single-line lidar, including point cloud data acquisition, background filtering, point cloud clustering, vehicle position extraction, and result optimization. Among them, the clustering algorithm is based on the radially bounded nearest neighbor (RBNN) strategy, and the target vehicle point cloud is completely extracted from the collected point cloud. After obtaining the position of the vehicle, a Kalman filter is introduced to improve the accuracy of the result. In this paper, the related experiments are also designed. The real-time position of the vehicle is obtained by vehicle-mounted integrated navigation as the true value. With the true value, the error of the algorithm positioning detection result is measured, and the direction of further optimization and improvement is proposed.
CitationChen, Z. and Huang, H., "Unmanned Terminal Vehicle Positioning System Based on Roadside Single-Line Lidar," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-5029, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-5029.
- Wang , Y. A Study on the Application of Unmanned Equipment in Terminal Environment Management Engineering 10 34 72 80 2019 https://doi.org/10.5503/J.ME.2019.34.009
- Jia , Y. , Li , S. , Qin , Y. et al. Error Analysis and Compensation of MEMS Rotation Modulation Inertial Navigation System IEEE Sensors Journal 18 5 2023 2030 2018
- Volkov , A. , Ershov , E. , Gladilin , S. et al. Stereo-Based Visual Localization without Triangulation for Unmanned Robotics Platform 2016 International Conference on Robotics and Machine Vision Russian Federation · Moscow, Russia 2017 10253 102530D
- Eustice , R.M. and Wolcott , R.W. 2018
- Toyh , D. and Aach , T. Detection and Recognition of Moving Objects Using Statistical Motion Detection and Fourier Descriptors ICAP 03 Mantova, Italy 2003
- Futatsumori , S. , Morioka , K. , Kohmura , A. et al. Detection Characteristic Evaluations of Optically-Connected Wideband 96 GHz Millimeter-Wave Radar for Airport Surface Foreign Object Debris Detection 2016 41st International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves (IRMMW-THz) Copenhagen 2016 1 2
- Song , Z. , Wu , X. , Xu , T. et al. A New Method of AGV Navigation Based on Kalman Filter and a Magnetic Nail Localization 2016 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (ROBIO) Qingdao 2016 952 957
- Ma , L. , Zheng , G. , Eitel , J.U.H. , Moskal , L.M. et al. Improved Salient Feature-Based Approach for Automatically Separating Photosynthetic and Nonphotosynthetic Components within Terrestrial LiDAR Point Cloud Data of Forest Canopies IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens. 54 2 679 696 2016
- Klasing , K. , Wollherr , D. , and Buss , M. A Clustering Method for Efficient Segmentation of 3D Laser Data 2008 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation Pasadena, CA 2008 4043 4048
- Weishuhn , J.R. 2019
- Welch , G. and Bishop , G. An Introduction to the Kalman Filter 1995