This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research on Braking Energy Recovery Strategy of Pure Electric Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 11, 2021 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
With the increasingly serious global environmental and energy problems, as well as the increasing number of vehicles, pure electric vehicles with its advantages of environmental protection, low noise and renewable energy, become an effective way to alleviate environmental pollution and energy crisis. Due to the current pure electric vehicle power battery technology is not perfect, the range of pure electric vehicle has a great limit. Through the braking energy recovery, the energy can be reused, the energy utilization rate can be improved, and the battery life of pure electric vehicles can be improved.
In this paper, a pure electric vehicle is taken as the analysis object, and the whole vehicle analysis model is built. Through the comparative analysis, based on the driver's braking intention and vehicle running state, the braking energy recovery control strategy of double fuzzy control is proposed. The fuzzy controller of braking intention based on the brake pedal opening and the change rate of brake pedal opening and the fuzzy controller based on vehicle speed and battery SOC value are designed respectively, The braking energy recovery control strategy of pure electric vehicle is formulated. Using a variety of different conditions for simulation analysis, make it closer to the real driving conditions of pure electric vehicles1.
The simulation results show that the braking energy recovery control strategy developed in this paper not only ensures the braking stability, but also performs better in terms of braking energy recovery efficiency. The braking energy recovery rate reaches 51%, and the effective energy recovery rate reaches 13%, which has a certain practical significance for improving the driving range of pure electric vehicles.
CitationYang, Z., Gangfeng, T., Ling, H., Zeng, P. et al., "Research on Braking Energy Recovery Strategy of Pure Electric Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-1264, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-1264.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
|Unnamed Dataset 6|
|Unnamed Dataset 7|
|Unnamed Dataset 8|
|Unnamed Dataset 9|
|Unnamed Dataset 10|
|Unnamed Dataset 11|
- Dongdong , H. Research on Regenerative Braking Control Strategy of Four Wheel Hub Motor Driven Electric Vehicle: [D] Xi'an Chang'an University 2015 6 7
- Fenzhu , J. , Farong , D. , and Wenbo , Z. Energy Economy of Electric Vehicles based on Braking Intention Recognition[J] Journal of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics 41 1 2016 21 27
- Bailing , S. Research on Regenerative Braking of Electric Vehicle based on Fuzzy Recognition of Braking Intention[J] Forest Engineering 30 6 2014 71 74
- Zhenghui , Z. Research on Modeling and Control of Regenerative Braking System of Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle: [D] Wuhan Wuhan University of Technology September 10, 2012
- Min , C. , Song , G. , Kun , Y. , Qiong , Z. et al. Research on Optimal Braking Energy Recovery Control Strategy of Pure Electric Bus [J] Journal of Guangxi University (Natural Science Edition) 40 02 2015 357 366
- Di , Z. , Jiuchun , J. , Weige , Z. , Yanru , Z. et al. Economic Operation of Electric Vehicle Power Station based on Genetic Algorithm [J] Power grid technology 37 08 2013 2101 2107
- Jing , L. Research on Coordinated Control Strategy of Electro Hydraulic Compound Braking for Pure Electric Vehicle based on Advisor [D] Xi'an Chang'an University 2017
- Yasong , G. Research on Regenerative Braking Control Strategy of Pure Electric Vehicle based on Advisor: [D] Xi'an Chang'an University 2014
- Wanglin , J. and Ruimin , W. Force Analysis of Electric Vehicle Braking Process and Research on Braking Energy Recovery Strategy[J] Automotive practical technology 3 2012 5 9
- Chongyu , L. Research on Regenerative Braking Control Strategy and Simulation of Pure Electric Vehicle: [D] Wuhan Wuhan University of technology 2010 8 10
- Bo , L. , Jihong , D. , and Guoguang , Q. Research on Braking Energy Recovery Control Strategy of Electric Vehicle[J] Application of electronic technology 30 1 2004 34 36
- Deshuang , Y. and Chong , C. Technical Characteristics Analysis of Toyota Prius Hybrid Electric Vehicle[J] SAIC 6 12 2004 24 27
- Binggang , C. New Development of Electric Vehicle Technology in China[J] Journal of Xi'an Jiaotong University 41 1 2007 1 1
- GB 1859 Road Vehicle Outline Dimensions, Axle Load and Mass Limits[S]
- GB/T 28382-2012 Technical Conditions for Pure Electric Passenger Vehicles[S]
- GB/T 18385-2016 Test Methods for Power Performance of Electric Vehicles[S]
- GB/T 18386-2017 Test Methods for Energy Consumption Rate and Driving Range of Electric Vehicles[S]
- QC/T 1089-2017 Requirements and Test Methods for Electric Vehicle Regenerative Braking System[S]
- Qingzhang , C. , Ren , H. , and Gaogao , S. Research Status and Key Technologies of Automotive Regenerative Braking Technology[J] Tractor and agricultural transport vehicle 35 6 2008 70 72
- Meng , W. , Zechang , S. , Guirong , Z. et al. Analysis on Influencing Factors of Maximizing Braking Energy Recovery of Electric Vehicles[J] Journal of Tongji University (Natural Science Edition) 40 4 2012 583 587