This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Empowering the Brake Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 11, 2021 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Some research shows that the transport system is one of the main responsible for the emission of pollutants in the atmosphere. The growing demand for automobiles contrasts directly with the scarcity of inputs, planet temperature increasing and air quality degradation in large cities. This counterpoint is explored and discussed a lot, demanding that studies would be conducted to find out sustainable solutions in the production to end-customers.
Instead of use fossil resources, one of the options to reduce gas emissions is the use of vehicles powered by electricity.
When converting part of the vehicle's kinetic energy into electrical one its reduces emissions in the production electricity - power plants - as well burning gases in transport.
Technological advances allow us to use Electronic Stability Control to generate environmental and safety results in mobility for next years.
CitationBatagini, E., "Empowering the Brake Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-1261, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-1261.
- STATISTA Total CO 2 Emissions in OECD Europe in 2016, by Sector (in Million Metric Tons of Carbon Dioxide) https://www.statista.com/statistics/206115/total-oecd-europe-carbon-dioxide-emissions-by-sector/ 2021
- STATISTA Number of Deaths Attributable to Air Pollution Exposure in 2016, by Major Country https://www.statista.com/statistics/830953/deaths-due-to-air-pollution-in-major-countries/ 2021
- Clarke , S. How Green are Electric Cars? https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2017/dec/25/how-green-are-electric-cars 2021
- Robert Bosch Ltda ESP® hev. Regenerative Braking System for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles https://www.bosch-mobility-solutions.com/en/products-and-services/passenger-cars-and-light-commercial-vehicles/driving-safety-systems/regenerative-braking-systems/esp-hev/ 2021
- Toll , M. Regenerative Braking: How it Works and is it Worth it in Small Evs? https://electrek.co/2018/04/24/regenerative-braking-how-it-works/ 2021
- Van Sterkenburg , S. , Rietveld , E. , Rieck , F. , Veenhuizen , B. , and Bosma , H. Analysis of Regenerative Braking Efficiency — A Case Study of Two Electric Vehicles Operating in the Rotterdam Area 2011 IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference Chicago, IL 2011 1 6
- Edwards , R. , Larivé , J.-F. , and Beziat , J.-C. Well-to-wheels Analysis of Future Automotive Fuels and Power Trains in the European Context July 2011
- Abuelsamid , S.G. How do Hybrid and Electric Vehicles Blend Regenerative and Friction Braking? https://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/18/greenlings-how-do-hybrids-and-electric-vehicles-blend-regenerat/ 2021