This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Safety Speed Warning System for Tank Truck against Rollover
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 06, 2021 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: SAE WCX Digital Summit
The tank truck has a wide range of application. When the liquid in the tank is not fully loaded, the lateral movement of the liquid in the tank will shift the center of gravity of the tank truck and make the vehicle less safe. It is easy to roll over when the tank truck is turning. This study combines the vehicle dynamic characteristics and geographic information, which gives the driver safe speed and safe braking distance tips before turning, to reduce the traffic accidents caused by driver's misjudgment. The dynamic model of the tank truck is established, through collecting the real-time information of the vehicle, the vehicle load and braking torque are calculated by the relevant dynamic model. The system needs to measure the deviation of the center of gravity in the tank truck movement process, and the deviation of the center of gravity has a great influence on the safety speed. The vehicle center of gravity position model is established, the sensor in the tank truck is used to sense the change of liquid level in the tank and different situations are classified. The center of gravity deviation of the tank truck is accurately obtained from the vehicle center of gravity position model. The experiment shows that the model has a small error that can effectively guarantee the correctness of the model. Finally, the safe speed and braking distance under different turning conditions are calculated based on the high precision digital map feedback data, and the driver is prompted in advance. The results show that the early warning scheme is significant to the turning of tank truck when the liquid filling ratio is more than 70% and the initial speed reaches more than 60km/h, and can effectively reduce the traffic accident rate.
CitationFeng, J., Tan, G., Ye, M., Chen, K. et al., "Safety Speed Warning System for Tank Truck against Rollover," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-0978, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-0978.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Mengjie , Y. New Requirements for Vehicle Roll Stability Reduction in Tank Vehicle Roll Accidents Commercial Automotive News 9 36 2008
- Xiao , L. 2014
- Lein , T.M.K. A Statistical Analysis of Vehicle Rollover Propensity and Vehicle Stability SAE 920584 https://doi.org/10.4271/920584
- Weiqiang , Z. , Jinpeng , L. , and Changfu , Z. Development of Anti-Roll Control Strategy for Semi-Trailer Tank Truck Automotive Engineering 41 01 50 56 2019
- Weihua , Z. , Tianyu , W. , Chi , X. , Siqing , X. et al. Early Warning Method of Overturned Liquid Tank Truck Based on GIS-T Chinese Journal of Safety Science 29 02 178 183 2009
- Xin , L. 2017
- Zhuxing , Y. Lateral Stability Control Simulation of Duty Tank Truck Based on MPC Journal of Changchun University of Technology 39 03 224 232 2008
- Ran , F. 2018
- Han , W. 2018
- Shuihe , H. 2016
- Journal of Load Measurement 32 4 333 337 2011
- Haotong , L. 2018