This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Prediction of Road Slope Ahead of Vehicles Based on Data Fusion and Data Mining
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 06, 2021 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: SAE WCX Digital Summit
Heavy commercial vehicle drivers may frequently shift gears when they are running on long and downhill roads in mountainous area. In order to improve driving safety and fuel economy, it is necessary to predict the slope of the road ahead in real time and correct the driver's shift strategy in time. At present, the road slope estimation is mainly based on the real-time estimation of the road slope at the current position of the vehicle based on the vehicle driving information obtained by the sensors, but the road slope of the road section that the vehicle is about to reach has not been predicted. In this paper, based on the road slope information of the road section that the driver has driven through, combined with Geographic Information System (GIS) information and road design standards, the slope of the road section ahead is predicted. GIS information and road design standards are used to predict the overall situation of a section of road, and the slope of the first part of the section is assumed to be known. Based on these, data fusion and data mining methods are used to predict the slope of the road ahead in advance. By predicting the slope of the road ahead in advance, drivers can get advance information about the road ahead and adjust or maintain current driving strategies to improve driving safety and fuel economy.
CitationSun, M., Tan, G., Liu, L., Tian, Z. et al., "Prediction of Road Slope Ahead of Vehicles Based on Data Fusion and Data Mining," SAE Technical Paper 2021-01-0910, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-0910.
- Jian , Z. , Zhixuan , L. , Zhu , B. , Yaxin , L. , and Yuze , S. Estimation of Vehicle Quality and Road Slope Based on Interactive Multi-Model Chinese Journal of Highways 32 12 58 65 2019
- Yu , W. Wang Miao. Road Slope Calculation Method Based on Feature Point Sampling and Curve Fitting Automotive Practical Technology 14 131 134 2019
- Mingqing , L. , Guangying , J. , and Zhu , B. Research on Adaptive Gear Shifting Strategy of Pure Electric Bus Based on Load and Ramp Recognition Automotive Technology 12 38 42 2019
- Chen , L. Estimation of Whole Vehicle Quality and Road Slope of Semi-Trailer and Integrated Braking Control Jilin University 2019
- Zhiying , R. , Liangliang , S. , Wei , H. , and Xingxing , L. Real-Time Estimation of Vehicle Mass and Road Slope Based on AEKF Vibration. Testing and Diagnosis 202 40(04) 758 764+827
- Hao , Chen , Liangxin , Yuan , Tao , Sun , Sfa , Zheng , Xiaomin , Lian Estimation of Speed and Road Slope of Electric Wheel Vehicle Automotive Engineering 2020 42 02 199 205
- Xinyi , Z. Road Slope Extraction Method Based on Remote Monitoring Automobile and Driving Maintenance (Maintenance Edition) 04 84 86 2020
- Cheng , Wang , Caizhi , Zhang Fuel Cell Car Road Gradient Estimation Based on Intelligent Algorithm Journal of Chongqing University 1 10
- Zun , L. , Kong , P. , and Yanlong , S. Estimation Method for Quality And Road Slope of Heavy Commercial Vehicles Heavy Vehicles 03 19 20 2020
- Wanqing , S. , Yang , S. , Jianxue , C. , and Gao , Y. Data Mining Beijing China Railway Publishing House 2019