This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Do Driver Characteristics and Crash Conditions Modify the Effectiveness of Automatic Emergency Braking?
ISSN: 2641-9637, e-ISSN: 2641-9645
Published April 06, 2021 by SAE International in United States
Event: SAE WCX Digital Summit
Citation: Spicer, R., Vahabaghaie, A., Murakhovsky, D., St. Lawrence, S. et al., "Do Driver Characteristics and Crash Conditions Modify the Effectiveness of Automatic Emergency Braking?," SAE Int. J. Adv. & Curr. Prac. in Mobility 3(3):1436-1440, 2021, https://doi.org/10.4271/2021-01-0874.
- Cicchino , J. Effectiveness of Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking Systems in Reducing Front-To-Rear Crash Rates Accident Analysis and Prevention 99 Pt A 14 152 2017
- Leslie , A.J. , Kiefer , R.J. , Meitzner , M.R. , Flannagan , C.A. Analysis of Field Effectiveness of General Motors Production Active Safety and Advanced Headlighting Systems Ann Arbor, MI University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
- Spicer , R. , Vahabaghaie , A. , Bahouth , G. Effectiveness of Forward Collision Warning and Auto Emergency Braking in Reducing Front-To-Rear Crashes in the U.S. Market Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Future Active Safety Technology toward Zero Accidents (FAST-Zero ’19) September 9-11, 2019 Blacksburg, VA 2019
- Blower , D. Assessment of the Effectiveness of Advanced Collision Avoidance Technologies Ann Arbor, MI University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute 2014
- Jermakian , J.S. Crash Avoidance Potential of Four Passenger Vehicle Technologies Accident Analysis and Prevention 43 3 732 740 2011
- Aziz , T. , Horiguchi , Y. , and Sawaragi , T. An Empirical Investigation of the Development of Driver's Mental Model of a Lane Departure Warning System While Driving IFAC HMS 46 15 461 468 2013
- Aksan , N. , Sager , L. , Hacker , S. , Lester , B. et al. Individual Differences in Cognitive Functioning Predict Effectiveness of a Heads-Up Lane Departure Warning for Younger and Older Drivers Accid Anal Prev 99 Pt A 171 183 2017
- Lester , B. , Sager , L. , Dawson , J. , Hacker , S. et al. Pilot Results on Forward Collision Warning System Effectiveness in Older Drivers Proc Int Driv Symp Hum Factors Driv Assess Train Veh Des. 345 351 2015
- Keall , M. and Newstead , S. Selection of Comparison Crash Types for Quasi-Induced Exposure Risk Estimation Traffic Injury Prevention 10 1 23 29 2009
- Tefft , B.C. Rates of Motor Vehicle Crashes, Injuries and Deaths in Relation to Driver Age, United States, 2014-2015 AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety 2017
- Fildes , B. , Keall , M. , Bos , N. , Lie , A. et al. Effectiveness of Low Speed Autonomous Emergency Braking in Real-World Rear-End Crashes Accident Analysis and Prevention 81 24 29 2015